Senior Learning Designer
- CENTRE FOR LEARNING AND TEACHING
- TEACHING QUALITY
- JOONDALUP CAMPUS
- $96,958-$109,606 (HEW 8)
- ONGOING, FULL-TIME
The Centre for Learning and Teaching promotes excellence in learning and teaching at ECU. The Centre is seeking a Learning Designer who is passionate about supporting academic and professional staff to improve the student learning experience and ensure student success.
The successful candidate will demonstrate extensive knowledge and experience in applying effective learning design principles and strategies for technology enhanced and fully online environments in a higher education setting.
Suitable candidates will meet the following selection criteria:
- Undergraduate degree or higher qualification in Education, Instructional Design, Cognitive Psychology, or related area.
- Ability to apply learning design principles and learning theories to support learner-centred active and engaged learning in unit and course design with a strong focus on career-readiness; transformative and flexible learning experiences; a globally relevant and innovative curriculum; accessibility; and improved learning outcomes.
- Ability to analyse staff requirements, map those requirements to existing tools and services, and to deliver well-designed and effective solutions.
- Willingness and commitment to learn and support staff to use various technologies to enhance the teaching and learning experience.
- Experience developing high quality tools, templates, and resources to support good pedagogical practice.
- Ability to map and review courses and units, advise on writing course and unit level learning outcomes, ensure alignment of learning outcomes and assessments, and support bench marking of courses.
- Experience supporting a team of academic staff to design and deliver high quality, engaging, and innovative curricula to meet unit and course outcomes for technology enhanced and online teaching.
- Experience teaching in a higher education setting desirable.
- Experience supporting staff to appropriately embed ePortfolios with a focus on processes that support lifelong learning, including self-regulated learning, metacognition, critical reflection, etc.
You will also demonstrate personal attributes that are congruent with the University’s values of Integrity, Respect, Rational Inquiry and Personal Excellence.
Benefits & Remuneration
This full time, ongoing position attracts remuneration of $96,958-$109,606 (HEW 8) plus 17% University superannuation contribution.
ECU supports a work/life balance for staff. Benefits such as flexible working arrangements may also be negotiated to meet your personal circumstances.
Interested applicants are welcome to call Tania Behr (Senior Centre Officer) on 6304 2550 for more information.
How to Apply
Please upload your resume along with a statement addressing the above selection criteria (max 2 pages). An ePortfolio of recent work or accomplishments is highly desirable.
Note that shortlisted applicants will be required to design and facilitate a short activity as part of the interview process.
Applications close on Tuesday 12 December 2017 at 11.30 pm AWST
PLEASE NOTE: BECAUSE THIS IS AN ONGOING POSITION, APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED FROM CANDIDATES WHO HAVE EITHER: AUSTRALIAN PERMANENT RESIDENCY/CITIZENSHIP OR NEW ZEALAND CITIZENSHIP.
ECU is diverse and inclusive workplace reflecting the differences in society. Specific strategies and initiatives are in place to address under representation of specific groups. Applications are encouraged from suitably qualified people from all backgrounds.