Director in Poche Centre for Indigenous Health and Wellbeing
- Classification: Academic Level D, Academic Level E
- Salary Range: Academic Level D: $136,796 to $150,707 pa, Academic Level E: $176,211 pa
- Employment Type: Fixed-term, full-time, available for 3 years
- Position Reports to: Associate Dean, Flinders Northern Territory
- Please Direct Application Enquiries to: Professor John Wakerman
- Closing Date: 11.00 am, Monday 15 January 2018
The Director (Poche Centre for Indigenous Health and Wellbeing (Poche Centre), will be an experienced, committed and energetic leader for the Poche Centre team and have strong management, academic and research credentials. The incumbent will be responsible for the development and leadership of the Poche Centre multidisciplinary team whose key purpose is to:
- Improve the preparation of health professionals to work effectively with Indigenous people and in Indigenous communities.
- Improve the availability of culturally appropriate health knowledge opportunities for Indigenous people.
- Achieve recognition of the Poche Centre, Flinders NT as the provider of choice of cultural awareness and safety training.
- Provide leadership in the development of a culturally safe environment within Flinders NT, and
- Increase the number of Indigenous health graduates.
The incumbent will also provide strong Indigenous academic leadership for the entire Flinders NT.
Information For Applicants:
You are required to provide a submission of no more than three pages, stating how your current and/or recent experience meet the requirements of the position description.
Please see the position description attached below for further details about the role.