Post-doctoral Appointment in Health
About the position
Bond University seeks talented researchers to join the team in the Centre for Research in Evidence-Based Practice (CREBP). The Centre is mostly funded by NHMRC grant funding and is a multidisciplinary, internationally recognised, research team focussed on the processes and implementation of evidence-based practice.
CREBP has four main areas of research focus: overdiagnosis and overtreatment; evidence uptake and shared decision making for patients and clinicians; automation of research processes and better research reporting; and minimising antibiotic resistance in primary care. CREBP’s mission is to intelligently and efficiently close the gap between best available evidence and current clinical practice.
CREBP does not conduct laboratory or basic science research and Expressions of Interest from people with such backgrounds or wanting to do this type of research are not the right fit for our research.
About the person:
Expressions of interest are sought from candidates meeting the following criteria:
- Evidence of research capacity, including a PhD (or equivalent) and peer-reviewed publications in an area complementary to Centre research
- Evidence of capacity to contribute to research and/or a demonstrated track record of achievement, in one or more of the following:
- Shared decision making between patients and clinicians to help people make evidence-informed health decisions
- Understanding and communicating the causes and consequences of overdiagnosis and overtreatment at multiple system levels (i.e., patient, clinician, health)
- Developing and evaluating automation of research processes and better research reporting
These Expressions of Interest are invited from researchers at all levels, including recent PhD graduates, early and mid-career researchers, and/or those who hold fellowships and grants from national and international funding agencies.
Appointments will be made at a level appropriate to qualifications, experience and in accordance with classification standards for each level of appointment.
Information about the Centre and its activities can be obtained from: http://www.crebp.net.au/
Specific enquiries should be addressed by email to the Centre Manager, Ms Chrissy Erueti, email: email@example.com
Application and submission details:
Your Expression of Interest should include:
- A cover letter describing your research experience and capacity with respect to the general expression of interest and your specific area of interest within the EOI. It should include the position title, where you saw this expression of interest advertised and;
- A current curriculum vitae which includes the names and contact details of three referees.
Please submit your Expression of Interest via email by 5:00 pm January 19, 2018 to:
Chrissy Erueti, Centre Manager, Centre for Research in Evidence-Based Practice; firstname.lastname@example.org