Deputy Director in Media and Corporate Relations
- Leadership role
- Continuing position, available immediately
- Prestigious international university
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading Group of Eight, research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia's third oldest university with a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national and global wellbeing.
University of Adelaide employees enjoy a range of benefits and favourable work conditions that include opportunities for career development and advancement.
The Vice-Chancellor and President is the chief executive officer and principal academic at the University. The Vice-Chancellor's division is responsible for the University's management and administration, and leading the organisation's strategic vision and plan. The division encompasses the Council Secretariat and the External Relations Branch.
The University of Adelaide’s External Relations Branch comprises of two units – Partnerships and Corporate Relations and Advancement. The Branch has been created to develop and foster partnerships and links with the media, business, government, alumni, donors and the community and to optimise the effectiveness and efficiency of engagement activities.
We are seeking a suitably experienced and motivated leader to join our team to design, develop and implement the University of Adelaide’s media and corporate communications strategy.
The Deputy Director, Media and Corporate Relations is a primary advisor to the Vice-Chancellor and senior management on media and corporate communications matters. The Deputy Director leads a team of media and communications professionals who craft key communications for the media as well as corporate messaging and bespoke communications.
Salary: An attractive remuneration package is available to the successful candidate.
Superannuation: An employer contribution of 17% applies.
Term of position: This continuing position is available immediately.
To be successful you should have:
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing media and corporate communications strategies to support reputation building objectives in a large and complex organisation.
- Extensive knowledge of media operations with contacts across print, radio, television and digital media and a proven ability to gain media coverage.
- Proven ability to lead, motivate and manage staff to achieve high standards of work and team performance.
- Experience in issues management communications and the ability to provide advice to senior management on risks and solutions.
- Experience of integrated media and corporate communications, including a track record in understanding of social media and digital communications trends and strategies.
Please address and upload your responses to the 'Knowledge and Experience' section of the position description within the online application. If you have any queries regarding this position, contact Leah Grantham, telephone: 08 8313 7470 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note if the position description link is not appearing, you will need to view on another device.
Closing date: 19 December 2017
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.