Senior Lecturer in Telecommunications
School of Engineering, Faculty of Science and Engineering
Senior Lecturer (Level C) in Telecommunications
- Teaching and industry role
- Work with leading academics
- Innovative and supportive environment
Macquarie is the university of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia's leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We've helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing Australia's first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie you'll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
In Macquarie's Faculty of Science and Engineering you'll join passionate researchers and educators blazing new trails in the spirit of discovery and exploration. Encouraged to think boldly, and supported by some of Australia's most outstanding facilities, brilliant minds converge in our faculty to create incredible new possibilities: the world's first attempt to synthesize complex life, the creation of Wi-Fi, the discovery of dancing dwarf galaxies, and the development of blue LED light. Inspired by challenge and opportunity, we look forward to welcoming you as we imagine a new future together.
Join us and start seeing the world in a different light.
The School is seeking to appoint a dynamic and qualified person as Senior Lecturer (Level C) in Telecommunications Engineering. We are seeking a candidate with an established teaching, industry and research track record in the area of Next Generation Mobile Networks including expertise across 5G Mobile Networks, Massive MIMO, LTE advanced, HetNets, optimisation and Performance Management, Cloud-RAN, Cloud Computing, Virtualizations Application for 5G Mobile Networks and Software Defined Networking Application for 5G Mobile Networks.
The candidate must be able to contribute to research which is aligned with the Future Wireless Networks research group, and will have a strong enthusiasm for teaching industry relevant curriculum and developing industry linkages. The successful applicant will be expected to make a quality contribution to the research, industry and scholarly activities of the School and will be required to teach Software Defined Networking and Beyond 5G Mobile in the Engineering programs.
To be considered for this position candidates must submit as part of their application, a separate document responding to the selection criteria below:
- Bachelor's degree in Telecommunications Engineering and successfully completed PhD in a relevant discipline
- Ability to attract research or industry funding
- Demonstrated track record in quality publications
- Recent industry experience in telecommunications engineering
- Experience in supervising research students
- Demonstrated experience in teaching Software Defined Networking and Beyond 5G Mobile
- Experience in developing curricula and telecommunications engineering related resources
- Experience in scholarly teaching activities in the preparation and delivery of University teaching and learning
- Demonstrated ability to effectively convene academic units/courses and manage tutors
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, the staff of the Faculty and with other members of the University
- Ability to adapt to changes in the environment and effectively meets new challenges
Enquiries: Professor Darren Bagnall; email@example.com
Appointment Type: Full-time, continuing
Salary Package: Level C - from $121,953 to $140,246 p.a. plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading.
Applications Close: Friday 8 December 2017 at 11.55pm
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTIQ; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.