Program Manager, Education and Faculty Initiatives
Macquarie is the university of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia's leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We've helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing Australia's first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie you'll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
Macquarie University's newly created Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences builds on our aspiration to have the nation's first fully integrated Academic Health Sciences Centre under a university's leadership. Such integrated approaches to patient care, discovery and work force preparation are already well established within the United States, Europe and Asia. It will bring together the excellent work of medical and allied health researchers across the University and around the country, with unparalleled access to the world-leading clinical resources and research facilities found only on our campus.
Reporting to the Deputy Dean, the successful applicant will manage the coordination, development and implementation of new medical education programs to be offered by the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences. This includes managing submissions to the Australian Medical Council (AMC) and other governing bodies for the accreditation and/or approval of relevant programs. The successful applicant will also manage specific strategic programs of work and projects for the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences. Specific accountabilities include:
- Develop, manage and implement plans for the development of submissions for approval and/or accreditation of programs, including identification of key stakeholders, deliverables and timeframes
- Manage the development and implementation of faculty’s strategic programs of work and projects as assigned by Executive Dean or FGM
- In collaboration with the Faculty General Manager and Associate Dean Learning and Teaching, design, develop and deliver project governance structures to oversee the development of submissions.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to gather, write and edit information, including programs of study, financial, physical and human resources, clinical training and supervisors, in submissions that demonstrate compliance with accreditation standards and readiness to implement new education programs.
- Ensure the implementation of the accreditation requirements in collaboration with Faculty staff
- Support academic staff to provide outlines of programs of study required for development of submissions for approval and/or accreditation.
To be considered for this position, candidates must submit an updated CV and respond to the selection criteria below and attach this as a separate document, in the application process:
Essential Selection Criteria:
- Postgraduate qualifications in education and extensive relevant experience
- Knowledge of Australian medical education quality and accreditation standards
- Experience managing programs of work and specific projects
- Working in a higher education environment, with experience in the development of complex submissions such as education or grant submissions
- Demonstrated experience with the development of new education programs
Salary Package: From $115,570 – $122,061 per annum (HEW Level 9) plus employer's superannuation and annual leave loading.
Appointment Type: Fixed term, 12 months parental leave replacement position
General Enquiries: Daniella Oreskovic at Daniella.email@example.com
Applications Close: 11:55pm on Sunday 17th December 2017
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTIQ; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.