Research Program Officer in Health
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
Funded in November 2012 by the Australian National Health and Medical Research Council, the Centre of Research Excellence in Mental Health and Substance Use (CREMS), at the National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre, aims to build research capacity through the generation of innovative new research regarding the effective prevention and treatment of mental health and substance use disorders. These aims are achieved via three main research streams focusing on the prevention, treatment, and epidemiology, of comorbid mental health and substance use disorders. An integral component of the CREMS is the translation of these research findings into policy, training and practice; thereby expanding our capacity to respond to comorbidity nationally and internationally.
About the role
- $83K - $89K plus 9.5% Superannuation
- Fixed Term until date 31st Dec 2019 with potential of extension
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
We are seeking a motivated individual to fulfil the role of Research Program Officer with a particular interest in research management and translation of research into practice. This position will contribute to research and dissemination focusing on preventing and treating substance use and mental health problems among Australians. In particular, this position will co-ordinate the administrative and financial management of a program of work across multiple projects funded by The Australian Government Department of Health to develop and disseminate evidence-based online substance use prevention and treatment resources for the community. The position will be based at the National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre, UNSW.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification with minimum 2 years subsequent experience or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through any other combination of education, health, training and/or experience;
- Demonstrated experience in a research environment;
- Experience with, and/or awareness of, issues relating to mental health and substance use research, prevention and treatment
- Evidence of well-developed communication and writing skills with a demonstrated ability to draft, proof and edit a wide range of written material including reports and correspondence
You should systematically address the selection criteria outlined in the position description found in the “View Position Description” link below. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent directly to the contact listed.
A/Prof Nicola Newton, National drug and Alcohol Research Centre
T: (61 2) 9385 0159
Applications close: 14 December 2017