China Business Specialist
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Division of Enterprise has the responsibility of "Delivering from Research Excellence" and "Knowledge Exchange for Social Progress on Economic Prosperity" as part of the University’s 2025 Strategy. School.
The UNSW Torch Innovation Precinct is a high priority initiative under the UNSW 2025 strategy. It will bring together industry, SMEs, entrepreneurs, investors and policy makers from Australia, China and beyond and will be a premier destination for entrepreneurship showcasing Chinese and Australian collaboration.
About the roles
- $90K - 113K plus 17% Superannuation and annual leave loading
- Fixed Term, 36 months
- 2 roles available
The China Business Specialist will provide support to the Head of Torch in organising, attending and following up industry delegations and UNSW research roadshow events that help build and develop industry partnerships. The incumbent will also oversee existing and new Torch research projects ensuring milestones and deliverables are met on time and managing partner relationships.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- Demonstrated experience in managing industry related research projects, utilising a project management methodology including components of, but not limited to, budgeting and reporting to deliver effective project and resource management.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of the research environment in the higher education sector and/or industry R&D environment in Australasia.
- Chinese language and interpreting skills.
- A degree in a relevant area with demonstrated experience in technical management of research (including facilities), industry relationships, and research commercialisation. A PhD degree in Engineering, and familiarity with UNSW research capabilities would be highly desirable.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Yuan Wang, Head of Torch
Applications close: Midnight 10 December 2017