Entrepreneurship Support Officer
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Division of Enterprise has the responsibility of "Delivering from Research Excellence" and "Knowledge Exchange for Social Progress on Economic Prosperity" as part of the University’s 2025 Strategy. School.
The Entrepreneurship Team will drive the entrepreneurship brand of the University by building entrepreneurial confidence though foundational entrepreneurship experiences, exposing start-ups to the most advanced business models incorporating sustainability, supporting diversity and nurturing our deep ties to Asia, enhancing innovation capabilities and connecting start-ups to the international innovation ecosystem.
About the roles
- $71K - $80K plus 17% Superannuation and annual leave loading
The position of Entrepreneurship Support Officer will be responsible for supporting the coordination of internship opportunities between the UNSW Entrepreneurship Founder Program participant start-ups and UNSW Faculties. The incumbent will work closely with faculty representatives to establish formal procedures that easily accessed by both prospective interns and start-ups hungry for the opportunity to provide a learning experience and skill development of interns within their start-up.
The incumbent will ensure exceptional experiences from both the intern and start-ups, by regularly measuring satisfaction levels and implementing improvements to the overall process. In addition to the internship program support duties the, the incumbent will support the Entrepreneurship team with the scheduling and execution of the ’business as usual’ Entrepreneurship program events, and other support duties as required.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- Demonstrated high level program administrative experience in a medium to large organisation, preferably in an educational setting with multiple stakeholder requirements
- Strong customer service, relationship building and verbal communication skills with the ability to liaise with a range of stakeholders from diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrated organisational and time management skills with attention to detail and proven capacity to meet deadlines
- Ability to listen effetively and understand needs of a diverse range of customers, including student interns, student startups and curriculum developers
- Relevant tertiary or trade qualifications or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through any other combination of education, training and/or experience in the areas of program support, event management, internship and/or education programs.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Applications close: Midnight 2 January 2018