Business Support Manager
1 day left
- Full Time
Macquarie is the university of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia’s leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We’ve helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing Australia’s first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie you’ll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by a beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
Join us and start seeing the world in a different light.
Macquarie University’s central IT Department delivers a range of core services covering wired and wireless networks, infrastructure, applications, desktop support, telecommunications, design and procurement of systems, project management and business analysis services, strategic IT security, and a growing number of support and advice services (such as information and data management).
The IT organisational structure is designed to create a more service oriented structure, which is underpinned by best practice IT Service Management (ITSM) and the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework.
There are four key directorates as follows:
- Infrastructure & Applications
- IT Partnerships and engagement
- Client Services
- Policy, Compliance & Programme Management Office (PMO).
IT is striving to better align the support service to Macquarie’s Strategic Plan “A Framing of Futures” in its enhancement of the student and staff experience, facilitation of research and teaching collaborative activities, increased throughput of our research data and its security, increased efficiency and effectiveness of IT working practices, release of IT staff capacity to better support research and teaching developments, and the reduction of organisational risks.
The IT Partnerships and Engagement team is responsible for fostering relationships with faculties, offices and senior stakeholders to identify and forecast IT business requirements and matching IT solutions; coordinate business change programs, and ensure training and development opportunities are provided to stakeholders to maximise the IT systems to support research, learning and teaching and administrative activities. The culture and ethos of this role is directed towards client service operating in a highly effective and responsive client focussed central service environment.
We are seeking suitably qualified candidates who recognise the importance of IT as a critical enabler of its operations and student and staff experience.
Reporting to the Director- IT Partnerships and Engagement, the Business Support Manager will work with key stakeholders to determine how IT business systems can be utilised in the most efficient manner; ensuring that the systems provide an excellent and flexible framework for the current and future needs of the University, and support continuing improvement in operational efficiency, data quality and client satisfaction.
A particular important aspect to this role will be the management of two teams providing and developing the IT services support of student administration systems.
- Manage and oversee the development and process improvement that support the organisation to continually improve the efficiency and effectiveness of their corporate systems and processes.
- Identify opportunities, assess proposed changes, and make recommendations and present solutions on future changes to the student administration systems and processes that support strategic direction.
- Drive a culture of business process consultation to embed strong linkages between business support analysts and process owners.
Maximise efficiency and productivity through exploitation of key IT business systems.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the successful delivery of student systems.
- Lead, manage and set the direction of the Business Systems Support Teams to deliver optimal performance.
- Ensure the maintenance and ongoing support for University’s Student Management System.
- Contribute to IT projects, plans and strategies relating to systems support.
- Promote policies, procedures, standards and guidelines through awareness and training events.
For further information please view the Position Description below.
- Degree in Computer Science degree and extensive relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of relevant skills, knowledge and experience.
- Demonstrated experience in managing and leading teams and familiarity with IT Service Management.
- Demonstrated track record of working and delivering on multiple business improvement initiatives simultaneously.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the digital student life cycle process.
- Demonstrated experience in managing diverse groups of stakeholders, managing priorities and working to deadlines.
- Technical aptitude, written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, project management experience and the ability to deal effectively with people at all levels and in different situations.
- Proven ability to operate in extreme high pressure situations, successfully handle multiple competing priorities and possess a high level of discipline while displaying a high degree of flexibility and professionalism.
- Strong track record in building and managing relationships with research active and education staff, collaborators, and professional staff in a higher education environment or other research institution.
Salary Package: HEW 9, $115,570- $122,061 plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
Appointment Types: Full-time, continuing position
Specific Role Enquires: Roz Howard, Director – IT Partnerships and Engagement on email@example.com
General Recruitment Enquiries: Shubha Moorthy, HR Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: 13 December 2017, 11:55pm AEST
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTI; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.