Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Mechatronics
SALARY RANGE: $93,615 to $131,255 pa (plus 17% super)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time and continuing
LOCATION: Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Lecturer or Senior Lecturer in Mechatronics will be required to undertake research, teach, and publish in the area of Mechatronics with a focus on Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR).
This will include:
- A reputation at the national level in research and scholarship, through publication or exhibition in high quality and high impact outlets.
- Making a significant contribution within their specific areas of research, scholarship or creative activity.
- Demonstrating excellent scholarly learning and teaching across all levels and modes.
- Making a significant contribution to the moderation and maintenance of academic standards.
- PhD in Mechatronics Engineering or a relevant field, or a relevant post graduate qualification and experience in Mechatronics Engineering, Virtual Reality (VR) or Augmented Reality.
- Clear evidence of potential to undertake industry-related or applied research in Mechatronics/Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality.
- Experience in teaching engineering management and professional practice.
- Interpersonal skills that support the ability to establish and maintain highly effective working relationships.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
Associate Professor Ben Horan
Course Director - Mechatronics
Head Virtual Reality Laborartory,
School of EngineerinTelephone: +61 3 5227 2907, Email: email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday 10 January 2018
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin's workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.