Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Mechanical Design Engineering
SALARY RANGE: $93,615 to $131,255 pa (plus 17% super)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time and continuing
LOCATION: Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Lecturer or Senior Lecturer in Mechanical Design Engineering will be required to undertake research, teach, and publish in the area of Mechanical Design, Additive and Advanced Manufacturing.
This will include:
- Contributing to their specific areas of research, scholarship or creative activity, specifically in the areas of Mechanical Design, Additive and Advanced Manufacturing.
- Contributing to research projects and collaborations to create new insights and opportunities.
- Demonstrating excellent scholarly learning and teaching (including for example in the cloud and in clinical settings) specifically in the areas of dynamics of machines and multibody dynamics.
- Making a contribution to the implementation of the University's Strategic Agenda.
- PhD in Mechanical or Design Engineering or a relevant field, or a relevant post graduate qualification and experience in Engineering.
- Ability to work with industry and in teams to develop solutions to problems with significant outcomes.
- Clear evidence of potential to contribute effectively to the Faculty's undergraduate and postgraduate teaching programs in a manner that influences, motivates, and inspires students to learn.
- Ability to contribute to the development and maintenance of partnerships with professional associations, with industry and with domestic education and research institutions.
- Interpersonal skills that support the ability to establish and maintain highly effective working relationships with a diverse range of people.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Dr Paul Collins, Tel: +61 3 5227 3428, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday 10 January 2018
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin's workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal