Location: UK Other
Salary: £22,494 to £26,829 per annum (pro-rata if offered a job share) depending on skills and experience. Salary progression beyond this scale is subject to performance.
Closing Date: Sunday 10 December 2017
Applications are invited for the role of Accountancy Assistant in the Financial Management department. The role is based in the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences (FMHS) team based at QMC. The overall FMHS team consists of 16 people providing a full range of financial management services, such as research grant costing and monitoring, financial reporting, business partnering and guidance to the four schools within FMHS.
The role would provide a range of accounting duties to the three schools primarily based at QMC - Life Sciences, Health Sciences and Medicine. Major aspects of the role would include research costing and management, management of pay budgets and databases, operational budget preparation, monthly management accounts transactions and financial management of scholarships.
- AAT qualified or a broad substantial relevant experience in finance
- Confidence in double entry book keeping and familiarity with accounting terms
- Highly numerate with good attention to detail and the ability to pro-actively check work
- Competent IT user (predominately use of Excel)
- Experience of accounting software packages (Agresso experience would be an advantage)
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise tasks to meet deadlines
- Comfortable working in a team environment and able to use own initiative
- Excellent inter-personal skills, a professional approach in dealing with finance based and non finance based staff
This is a full time, permanent position. The post is open to a job share.
The University of Nottingham is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.