Coordinator, Oceania Sport Information Centre
The position is responsible for the development, coordination, administration and management of the Oceania Sport information Centre, a regional Centre of excellence for sport and physical education information in the Oceania region.
The appointee will be responsible for the coordination of the services and products required to meet the sport information needs of members of the pacific region and the USP community, through the coordination of national, regional and international sport-related communication links. She/ he will be responsible for the production of promotional materials, publications in digital format (including newsletter, reports, bibliography lists, directories, posters and other appropriate products as required using social media and other ICTs. As a member of the USP library staff, the appointee will be expected to take on some responsibilities within the USP library in acquiring, managing,organising, evaluating, interpreting and disseminating information, teaching research literacy users in face-to-face and virtual learning environment and contributing to the library’s operations.
The Person We Seek
To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
- Professional library qualifications recognised by an accrediting body such as the Australian library and information association (ALIA) and at least 6 years of direct relevant work experience;
- Proven management experience in an academic library;
- Knowledge of and experience in library technical services (cataloguing rules AACRS2, LC subject headings, collection development, etc.);
- Knowledge and experience in library customer services (information and reference work, issue desk operations, etc.);
- Excellent, interpersonal, public relations and communication and IT skills.
For appointment at Band 3 applicants must also have:
- Extensive relevant experience and management expertise;
- Qualifications in Sport, Physical Education or Sport-related subject;
- Knowledge and experience in Sport information;
- Knowledge and experience in specialised library services.
The position is available for a term of 3 years and may be renewed by mutual agreement.
Band 2 FJ $50,184 to FJ $61,289 per annum
Band 3 FJ $66,521 to FJ $81,491per annum (Inclusive of 15% Gratuity)
Enquiries:Elizabeth Fong; tel.: (679)32 32363; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications:7 January 2018
How to Apply
Candidates may use the University’s online E-Recruitment system to view full details and apply for this position at https://www.usprecruits.usp.ac.fj Manual and emailed applications are no longer accepted. Candidates may request further information from the Human Resources Office; tel.: (679) 32 32072; email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also include the following documents in your application: Cover letter and Resume clearly addressing key Selection Criteria, academic transcript and names of three referees, one of which must be your current or most recent direct work supervisor.