Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor in Education
Build a legacy with us!
The University of the South Pacific is one of only two regional universities in the world. We are theleading tertiary education provider and research facility in the South Pacific. The USP recognises the importance of research activity to our academic staff and therefore provides incentives to encourage research and publications output.
The School of Education (SOE) is the leading pre-service and in-service teacher education institution of excellence within the Pacific region. It upholds quality learning and teaching, and provides quality educational services as well as professional development programs. SOE is entering a new and exciting phase of development and is seeking experienced and dynamic individuals to join us.
In this role, you will teach undergraduate and postgraduate courses, conduct research and consultancies in Education. You will also supervise postgraduate research students. You will be expected to provide academic leadership in programme evaluation, staff development training in various areas of Education at both school and institutional levels.
The Person We Seek
To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
- A PhD qualification in Education, in the field of Sociology of Education with a focus on teaching and learning;
- Tertiary teaching experience and supervision of research students;
- A strong record of internationally recognised research and publications;
- Applicants must also have significant tertiary teaching experience for Senior Lecturer or Associate Professor level.
- For appointment at the Associate Professor level, there is also a requirement for academic excellence which may be evidenced by an outstanding contribution to teaching and/or research and/or scholarship.
Preference will be given to applicants with:
- Significant teaching and teacher education experience;
- Experience of online learning with ICT integration;
- A team player;
- Committed to the organisation;
- Cultural competency and working knowledge of the Pacific Island region will be an advantage.
The position is available for a term of 5 years and may be renewed by mutual agreement.
Salary Range: Senior Lecturer FJ $90 882 to FJ $104 865 per annum
Associate Professor FJ $111 229 to FJ $125 133 per annum
In addition to the above benefits, the University contributes 10% of basic salary to an approved superannuation scheme, provides airfare and relocation costs where appropriate.
Enquiries: Professor Govinda Lingam; tel.: (679) 32 32311; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 17 December 2017
How to Apply
Candidates may use the University’s online E-Recruitment system to view full details and apply for this position at https://www.usprecruits.usp.ac.fj Manual and emailed applications are no longer accepted. Candidates may request further information from the Human Resources Office; tel.: (679) 32 32072; email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also include the following documents in your application: Cover letter and Resume clearly addressing key Selection Criteria, academic transcript and names of three referees, one of which must be your current or most recent direct work supervisor.