Assistant Lecturer/Lecturer in Education - Special and Inclusive Education
FACULTY OF ARTS, LAW AND EDUCATION
School of Education
Build a legacy with us!
The University of the South Pacific is one of only two regional universities in the world. We are theleading tertiary education provider and research facility in the South Pacific. The USP recognises the importance of research activity to our academic staff and therefore provides incentives to encourage research and publications output.
The School of Education (SOE) is the leading pre-service and in-service teacher education institution of excellence within the Pacific region. It upholds quality learning and teaching, and provides quality educational services as well as professional development programs. SOE is entering a new and exciting phase of development and is seeking experienced and dynamic individuals to join us.
The appointee will be required to assist in the coordination of courses in Learning & Teaching within the School’s Teacher Education programmes at undergraduate and postgraduate levels and coordinate Practicum programmes. She/he will be expected to contribute to other courses offered by the School and towards postgraduate supervision. The incumbent will also be expected to assist in the development of the School’s links with its stakeholders.
The Person We Seek
To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
- A PhD qualification in Education (Special and Inclusive Education);
- A good research and publications record;
- Relevant teaching experience at secondary and/or tertiary levels;
- Experience in the supervision of research students;
- For appointment at the Assistant Lecturer level, applicants must be citizens of USP member countries (regional).
- For appointment at the Lecturer level, applicants must also have relevant tertiary teaching experience at undergraduate and postgraduate levels and/or formal tertiary teaching qualifications.
Preference will be given to applicants with:
- Significant teaching and teacher education experience;
- Experience of online learning with ICT integration;
- Working knowledge of the South Pacific region.
The position is available for a term of 5 years and may be renewed by mutual agreement.
Assistant Lecturer FJ $54,195 to FJ $65,034per annum
Lecturer FJ$66,990 to FJ$88,144per annum
Enquiries: Professor Govinda Lingam; tel.: (679) 32 32311; email: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 17 December 2017
How to Apply
Candidates may use the University’s online E-Recruitment system to view full details and apply for this position at https://www.usprecruits.usp.ac.fj Manual and emailed applications are no longer accepted. Candidates may request further information from the Human Resources Office; tel.: (679) 32 32072; email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Please also include the following documents in your application: Cover letter and Resume clearly addressing key Selection Criteria, academic transcript and names of three referees, one of which must be your current or most recent direct work supervisor.