Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
FACULTY OF SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY AND ENVIRONMENT
School of Engineering and Physics (SEP)
Build a legacy with us!
The University of the South Pacific is one of two regional universities in the world and is the leading tertiary education provider and research facility in the South Pacific. We are supported by 12 Pacific Island Countries; Cook Islands, Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, Niue, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu and Vanuatu.
The School of Engineering and Physics is one of the top in research in the University of the South Pacific and is sufficiently resourced to pursue excellence in teaching and research. Applications are invited for the position of Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Electrical and Electronic Engineering. The appointee will contribute to the teaching of undergraduate and post-graduate preferably in the areas of Control System Engineering, Mechatronics, Digital Control Systems and/or Analog Electronics including laboratory classes and conduct research in his/her area of expertise.
The Person We Seek
To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
- A PhD in Electrical and Electronic Engineering preferably in the areas of Control System Engineering, Mechatronics, Digital Control Systems and/or Analog Electronics.
- Substantial relevant tertiary teaching experience, experience in curriculum development, the ability and willingness to teach at all levels (undergraduate and postgraduate).
- Experience in postgraduate supervision and demonstrated ability and competence in research with a record of scholarly publications in control engineering.
- For appointment at the Senior Lecturer level you must have a strong record of published research in top-tier journals and books with either a formal tertiary teaching qualification or significant tertiary teaching experience.
Preference will be given to applicants with:
- Experience in innovation and entrepreneurship informed teaching and demonstrated excellence in teaching in a multicultural environment.
- Significant experience in the area of Control Engineering will be a distinct advantage.
The position is available for a term of 5years and may be renewed by mutual agreement
Lecturer F$66,990 to F$88,144 per annum
Senior Lecturer F$ 90,882 to F$ 104,865 per annum
An inducement allowance may be offered to secure the services of an exceptionally well qualified candidate.
In addition to the above benefits, the University contributes 10% of basic salary to an approved superannuation scheme, provides airfare and relocation costs where appropriate.
Enquiries: Professor Maurizio Cirrincione, tel.: (679) 32 32419 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications:3 January 2018
How to Apply
Candidates may use the University’s online E-Recruitment system to view full details and apply for this position at https://www.usprecruits.usp.ac.fj Manual and emailed applications are no longer accepted. Candidates may request further information from the Human Resources Office; tel.: (679) 32 32072; email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also include the following documents in your application: Cover letter and Resume clearly addressing key Selection Criteria, academic transcript and names of three referees, one of which must be your current or most recent direct work supervisor.