Associate Professor in Honors Program
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
The Honors Program is designed for highly motivated and academically inquisitive students who are looking for an enriching college experience. The program was established in fall 2009 with just four students. Today, the program has evolved into a university-wide community with 60-70 students enrollment per year. As our community of students, faculty, and staff continues to grow, our dedication to academic excellence remains central to our daily operations.
If you meet our admission requirements and are interested in small, challenging and dynamic classes, we welcome your application to become a part of this active community of exceptional students and faculty.
The QU Honors Program is an institutional member of the National Collegiate Honors Council
Duties & Responsibilities
Research — active:
- investigate new areas of research within specialist subject area - this may involve national and international collaboration with members of other Higher Education Institutions or organizations.
- identify research topic and initiate analysis that will be original and innovative.
- determine appropriate research methodologies for research.
- adapt research methodologies.
- apply appropriate research methodologies and analyze results/conclusions to formulate new concepts and ideas.
- monitor progress on large research projects and writing reports to relevant bodies about progress of research. • may lead team of researchers - recruit, select and manage the work of staff,direct the research program.
- Possession of doctorate degree in management,
- Demonstrated effectiveness as a University teacher.
- Showed excellence in scholarly endeavor, published articles in refereed journals.
- Contribution to the University and community service.
- Keeps up-to-date with the latest thinking in specialist subject area/s by reading other academic material, attending conferences and active discussions with other academics in field.
- Established reputation in field/s of research and academia.
- Has teaching experience in giving lectures and seminars to both undergraduate and postgraduate students and in designing and developing innovative material for teaching and seminars.
- Has presented papers at conferences.
- Has experience with peer reviews of papers, publications,research, etc.
- Current Curriculum Vitae.
- Cover letter.
- Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
- Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
- Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
- A three-year renewable contract.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Tax-free salary.
- Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login in QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.