Lecturer in Chemistry
Lecturer in Chemistry
Department: Mathematics and Natural Sciences
School: CORE Curriculum Program
Reports to: Department Chair; College Dean
The Department of Mathematics and Natural Sciences of CORE Curriculum Program at PMU invites applications for faculty positions starting Fall semester 2018 at the rank of Assistant, Associate and Full Professor. A Doctorate of Chemistry with two years of teaching experience at college level is preferred.
A PhD candidate from Western Universities with at least 30-semester hours beyond master and bachelor’s degree is required. Candidate must have the ability to demonstrate and instruct in English. Candidate must have the ability to teach at the university level.
In addition to teaching, selected faculty will be involved in academic advising, curriculum development, preparing course syllabi, planning in-class team activities, constructing student assessments, preparing examinations, keeping grade records, holding regular office hours and other standard, non-teaching duties such as institutional and professional services. Candidates must provide a procedural letter of promotion to the rank of associate and full professor.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To carry out the duties of the position in accordance with College values and standards and in line with College policies and procedures, upholding high professional standards and leading by example.
- To work with our students as members of a learning community to provide world-class education and an excellent student experience.
- To integrate the College value of inclusiveness into all appropriate aspects of the job, respecting the dignity and diversity of all members of the College community and of visitors to the College.
- To promote the values of collegiality within the College community.
- To contribute at an appropriate level to school and faculty policy and practice in teaching.
- To play a significant role in the design, development, and planning of courses and programs within the subject area as required.
- To play a significant role in the review of courses and programs and in assessment, quality assurance, and quality enhancement as required.
- To develop innovative approaches to learning and teaching as appropriate.
- To provide timely feedback and assessment of coursework and examinations.
- To provide general support and guidance to students, resolving issues and/or referring to specialist parties, where appropriate.
Scholarly and Professional Development and Service
- To maintain an appropriate scholarly or professional development activity and to keep up to date with developments in the field as necessary to carry out the duties of the position.
- To participate in the comprehensive advisement of students majoring in the College.
- To contribute to the overall work of the College and/or equivalent external organizations by representing the institution and faculty on appropriate committees and groups.
- To effectively contribute to the management and administrative processes and committee structures of the School, faculty, and College, as required.
- To participate in, manage, or lead major initiatives or areas of work (as either sustained or one-time projects) that facilitate School, faculty, or College performance and accreditation, as required.
- To participate in the recruitment, management, development, and mentoring of colleagues, as required.
- And to perform any and all other position-related duties as requested by Chair, Dean, Vice Rector, or Rector.
Benefits and Conditions:
PMU offers an income tax free compensation package, commensurate with rank and experience, including 12 month salary, summer vacation, accommodation, annual round trip airfare to home country, medical insurance, assistance with school fees for children and end of contract bonus.
These positions are exciting opportunity for faculty to experience the state-of-the-art facilities and learning-centered environment. Also, PMU offers an opportunity to experience the life and culture of the Middle East.
We are looking for creative, experienced and qualified applicants who will identify with the mission of the University.
How to Apply:
Applications must include a letter of interest, curriculum vita (include a recent photo; state citizenship; and links to Google Scholar and LinkedIn profile), unofficial copy of Ph.D. Diploma, statement of research and teaching interests as well as the names, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses of at least three professional references. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until positions are filled.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please send application materials, via email, clearly stating the position applied for, to:
Ms. Charisma A. De Castro
Ms. Shiane Corpuz
Ms. Rania Sinno
For direct application online, please visit our PMU website by clicking the link below and look for HR - "Apply Online”.