Associate Professor in Conflict Management and Resolution
Play an integral role in the coordination, delivery, continued development and promotion of the Conflict Management and Resolution (CMR) Program at JCU
- Work for a world-leading University
- Deliver contemporary CMR strategies
- Great opportunity to have work life balance in Tropical North Queensland
- $130,818 - $143,748 plus 17% superannuation
We offer an exciting opportunity for an Associate Professor in Conflict Management and Resolution to join our world-leading institution at James Cook University (JCU). A continuing appointment, this position is based at the Townsville campus in picturesque tropical north Queensland, where you can enjoy a laid back tropical lifestyle whilst still achieving your career goals.
About the position
Using your teaching experience in relevant fields and existing strong industry links you will play an integral role in the coordination, delivery, continued development and promotion of the Conflict Management and Resolution (CMR) Program within the College of Business, Law and Governance at James Cook University (JCU). You will also have the opportunity to provide academic leadership and contribute significantly to CMR research outputs that align with the University’s strategic intent to build a sustainable future for people and industries in the tropics.
- Enhance the visibility and reputation of the JCU Conflict Management and Resolution Program;
- Lead and participate in the development of blended learning approaches to teaching including online delivery and clinical or experimental learning methodologies, including simulations;
- Prepare and deliver lectures, tutorials, practical classes, demonstrations, workshops and clinical sessions and associated assessment items, particularly in the area of postgraduate studies/blended learning.
As an accomplished professional in your field you will demonstrate significant contributions to the discipline of conflict management and resolution both nationally and internationally, provide excellence in teaching and conduct original research that will lead to publications in refereed journals.
You will also have:
- excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively with a diverse range of stakeholders;
- a successful track record in obtaining external research grants, with a demonstrated ability to efficiently organise and conduct research projects;
- a proven record of successful supervision of HDR (including PhD) students and the ability to make a significant contribution to postgraduate training programs;
As part of the Division of Tropical Environments and Societies, the College of Business, Law and Governance promotes, fosters, supports and administers quality teaching and research at JCU in the areas of Business, Law, Information Technology and Political Science.
Consistently ranked in the top 2% of universities worldwide, JCU is one of the world’s leading institutions focussing on the tropics and offers a culturally diverse working environment with opportunities for professional and personal growth. JCU prides itself on being dedicated to teaching, learning and research that is not only of high quality, but also delivers practical benefits to the peoples and industries of the region.
We also offer:
- generous superannuation scheme with 17% employer contributions
- five weeks’ annual recreation leave
- flexible working arrangements
- attractive options for salary packaging
- Well-equipped, modern facilities
- Fully accredited courses
- Enthusiastic, committed and talented staff
- Balance of work and life so you can enjoy a relaxed lifestyle that supports a diverse range of leisure and sporting interests.
How to Apply
If you are an established academic leader looking to influence our future, please apply today at https://www.jcu.edu.au/careers-at-jcu/vacancies/academic-jobs
Applications close: 7th January 2018