School Manager, School of Education
- Play a key role in supporting the strategic and operational goals of the the School of Education
- Full time, fixed term role until 18/01/2019, based at the Melbourne (Bundoora) campus
- $91,330 - $104,909 per annum plus up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
About the role
Reporting to the College General Manager, you will play an important role in managing the administrative operations of the School of Education. This will include implementing and monitoring initiatives, policies and frameworks within the school. You will also lead and manage the School’s integrated operational and business services, including supporting the School’s strategic and operational goals in teaching and learning, internationalisation and regional engagement.
Other responsibilities will include;
- contributing to continuous review and improvement of systems and processes,
- leading and managing the School’s professional, administrative and technical staff,
- providing leadership and establishing clear direction for the achievement of School goals
- contributing to the implementation of the School business plan,
- developing strong, consultative and supportive relationships with managers and staff of all levels,
- providing input into the development and management of the School budget.
Skills & Experience
To be considered for this role you will have;
- substantial management and administrative experience in large and complex service-based organisations,
- a demonstrated capacity to conceptualise, develop and review major professional, management or administrative policies,
- demonstrated management and leadership skills,
- excellent interpersonal, communication, organisational, and project management skills
- demonstrated political awareness, understanding of organisation structures and dynamics, and the ability to develop networks,
- an ability to negotiate and influence outcomes with stakeholders.
How to Apply
Please address Key Selection Criteria and attach these with your application.
Closing date: Sunday, 10th December (11:59pm)
Position Enquiries: Simon Hall, TEL: 9479 2100 Email: email@example.com
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact HR Assist on 9479 1234.
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs and search for position no (553159) under current vacancies.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the SAGE Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.