Director/Deputy Director of Procurement Centre
Closing Date: 01 January 2018
Contract Status: Full-time
Salary & Benefits: RMB212,000 to RMB403,000 per annum before all deductions, depending on qualifications and experience
Working Location: Ningbo
The Director/Deputy Director directs the activities of the Procurement Department in purchasing and distributing raw materials, equipment, machinery and supplies for the University. He or she directs functions of sourcing and selecting vendors, computerized record keeping in the administrative system and contract generation for all selected vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Business Administration, Finance, Engineering, Quantity Survey or Business related field.
- Demonstrate uncompromising integrity behaviors.
- Have excellent comprehension and communication skills, written and verbal.
- Be able to work without constant supervision, make decisions, and have business sense to make the right judgement.
- Be able to handle multiple tasks and projects and prioritize based on business priority.
- Be detailed oriented with the ability to organize.
- Be able to work in a heavy volume and high-pressure environment.
- Have the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Have a high level of professional appearance and demeanor.
- Minimum five year’s senior-level contracts administration and procurement experience.
- Minimum 5 years experience with computerized Purchasing systems.
- Minimum 3 years supervisory experience.
- Master degree is a plus.
- Minimum 3 years contract compliance and analysis experience preferred.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyzes, assesses, and in many cases, generates vendor contracts to insure favourable terms and conditions and consistency with legal requirements.
- Proactively reviews for University procurements and sets up bidding to defend the University interest.
- Proactively works with all departments to insure compliance with University policies.
- Implements best practices and master file management to modernize purchasing function.
- Leads the automation upgrade of the procurement function to enable workflow effectively and efficiently.
- Supervises all Purchasing Department personnel.
- Directs the sourcing process which includes identifying prospective vendors.
- Directs the bid processes regarding prospective vendors to bid and managing the bid generation and selection processes.
- Revise and implement procurement policies and procedures to reflect best practices.
- Directs negotiations with suppliers to obtain the best offer available within the time constraints of the requirement.
- Oversees the placement of orders with suppliers, including orders for capital equipment, services or other items needed by the organization.
- Directs the preparation and issuance of purchase orders/purchase requisitions and ensures completeness and clarity.
- Analyzes market and delivery conditions to determine present and future material availability and prepares market analysis reports.
- Prepares bids for issuance including writing Requests for Proposal and Requests for Qualification, receives bids from vendors, and prepares bid synopses for internal client departments.
- Maintains and develops internal controls to improve functioning of procurement department.
- Monitors University compliance with Purchasing policies and procedures.
- Reviews purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
- Responsible for developing and enforcing proper Purchasing database conventions.
- Responsible for contract management and supplier management.
- Maintains appropriate professional development, expertise and awareness.
- Participates in training and staff development schemes as trainee as appropriate.
- Undertakes other tasks and responsibilities as reasonably be required.
This job description may be subject to revision following discussion with the person appointed and forms part of the contract of employment
How to Apply
Please send job application with the following documents before the closing date:
- UNNC Application Form (please download from here); http://www.nottingham.edu.cn/en/about/documents/applicationform.doc
- Cover Letter;
Please kindly note that all documents should be completed in English and in Word/ PDF format.
Late or incomplete application will not be considered to be shortlisted.
Please send application and enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org