Researcher/Coordinator in Journal Support and Outreach
IndEcol is an interdisciplinary research and teaching program managing its own International MSc program and PhD program, consisting of 10 participating faculty members (5 at the Energy and Process Engineering department), 20 PhD students and 10 PostDocs/ researchers. IndEcol has a high reputation within the field as evidenced by numerous publications and international prizes.
The Industrial Ecology Programme (IndEcol), Department of Energy and Process Engineering at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) is seeking a person to fulfil roles in journal publication and outreach. In total a 100% position is being offered.
The Industrial Ecology Programme is taking a lead role in the editorial operations of the Journal of Industrial Ecology, and has short-term funding (until end 2018) for a 50% position to support the operations of the journal. The second main task of the position (50% equivalent) is to improve the outreach of the industrial Ecology Programme with a view to increasing European collaboration, and to eventually result in new funding and project opportunities for the program.
This is a temporary position until 31.12.2018.
- Checking incoming manuscripts for quality and adherence to guidelines
- Editing and reviewing issue proofs
- Editorial meetings
- Taking direction from key employees in the editorial office, both at NTNU and abroad
- Preparing material for outreach (improve graphic representational of research, summaries of research, etc)
- Potentially representing IndEcol in public fora, including networking events
- Developing further IndEcol’s web presence through traditional and new media
- Covering duties for IndEcol’s Professor group related to these activities
- Experience in editing and reviewing proofs
- Experience in improving manuscripts, grammar and summarizing academic content
- Experience in preparing academic work for dissemination via research summaries for web-based communications/ conference and poster presentations
- Experience in working in multi-cultural environments
- Evidence of competence in outreach is required
- Masters or PhD
- Has published in a number of international journals
- A high level of personal responsibility, initiative and attention to detail
- Strong organizational/ administrative/ managerial and communication skills
- Excellent English and Norwegian skills, written and spoken, are required.
- Excellent writing and grammatical skills. The ideal candidate will not only be fluent in English but have experience in technical editing and teaching grammatical skills.
- Preferably experience in working with academic publication
- Ideally the candidate has a familiarity with industrial ecology or other interdisciplinary background
- Evidence of graphical and web skills is beneficial.
- A good working environment
- Interesting tasks
- Challenging and varied responsibilities
The position will be remunerated in code 1108 normally between NOK 412 600 – 573 700/ code 1109 normally between NOK 486 100 – 643 900. There will be a 2% deduction to the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund from gross wage.
Commencement as soon as possible.
The engagement is to be made in accordance with the regulations in force concerning State Employees and Civil Servants. The positions adhere to the Norwegian Government's policy of balanced ethnicity, age and gender. Persons with immigrant background are encouraged to apply. NTNU´s objective is to increase the number of females in scientific positions. Female applicants are therefore encouraged to apply.
Applications in English with CV, possible publications and other scientific works, certified copies of transcripts and reference letters should be submitted via this webpage at www.jobbnorge.no.
Mark the application with IV-197/17.
Application deadline is 8th December 2017
Should you require more information on this position please contact Professor Richard Wood via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
General information on the industrial ecology program is available from our website: www.ntnu.edu/indecol
According to the new Freedom of Information Act, information concerning the applicant may be made public even if the applicant has requested not to be included in the list of applicants.
About this job
- Deadline Friday, December 8, 2017
- Employer NTNU - Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- Municipality Trondheim
- Place of service Department of Energy and Process Engineering
- Jobbnorge ID 145027
- Internal ID IV- 197/17
- Scope Fulltime
- Duration Temporary
- Applications on this job are registered in an electronic form on jobbnorge.no
- You must complete: Standard CV
- Please refer to where you first saw this job advertised!