Director, Digital Library Services
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW Library is one of Australia’s major research libraries, with extensive scholarly information resources, services and facilities. It serves a large population of academic and research staff and students on two campuses and affiliated research institutes.
About the role
- Competitive Salary Package
The role of Director, Digital Library Services reports to the University Librarian. Other reports to the University Librarian include the Director, Information Services; Associate Director, Central Services; Manager Collection Development and Policy; Scholarly Communications Librarian; and the Special Collections and Exhibitions Coordinator. The position leads the Digital Library Services Department which comprises about 50 library staff and has the following direct reports:
- Digital Library Services Department
- Associate Director, Library Repository Services (Level 9)
- Associate Director, Library Applications Support (Level 9)
- Associate Director, Electronic Resources (Level HEW9)
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- Demonstrated well developed leadership and management skills applied to the operation of substantial project management, staffing, budgetary and infrastructure resources.
- Demonstrated experience to lead the development and delivery of library repository and content management systems and services to support the provision of digitised collections and research outputs.
- Relevant postgraduate qualifications with substantial experience at a senior level or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through any other combination of education, training and/or experience. Substantial prior experience at a senior level within a large academic or cultural institution would be considered favourably.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Martin Borchert, University Librarian
T: (61 2) 9385 2662
Applications close: Tuesday 2 January 2018