Director in Poche Centre for Indigenous Health and Wellbeing
Salary: Academic Level D: $136,796 to $150,707 pa full-time
Salary: Academic Level E: $176,211 pa full-time
Employment Type: Fixed-term, full-time, available for 3 years
Applications Close: 11.00 am, Monday 15 January 2018
Contact: Professor John Wakerman
Contact Phone: (08) 8951 4737
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Director (Poche Centre for Indigenous Health and Wellbeing (Poche Centre), will be an experienced, committed and energetic leader for the Poche Centre team and have strong management, academic and research credentials. The incumbent will be responsible for the development and leadership of the Poche Centre multidisciplinary team whose key purpose is to:
- Improve the preparation of health professionals to work effectively with Indigenous people and in Indigenous communities.
- Improve the availability of culturally appropriate health knowledge opportunities for Indigenous people.
- Achieve recognition of the Poche Centre, Flinders NT as the provider of choice of cultural awareness and safety training.
- Provide leadership in the development of a culturally safe environment within Flinders NT, and
- Increase the number of Indigenous health graduates.
The incumbent will also provide strong Indigenous academic leadership for the entire Flinders NT.
You are required to provide an overview of no more than three pages, outlining how you meet the Key Position Capabilities of this position through your current or recent experience.