Director in Research Analysis, Performance and Profile Office
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Division of Research at UNSW seeks to improve and enhance UNSW’s research and research training performance through retaining, attracting and developing leading research staff; building and maintaining critical mass in key research areas; encouraging active collaboration of our staff with the best in their fields globally; providing appropriate research environment, facilities and equipment; developing and expanding industry and research linkages both in Australia and internationally; and attracting the highest quality of research students.
About the role
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The Research Analysis, Performance and Profile Office (RAPPO) is a dedicated unit established to support the goal of continuously improving UNSW’s position as a leading research-intensive university in Australia. It is responsible for reporting on the University’s research activity and performance, its position in various world university rankings, ensuring the University’s strong performance in the ARC’s Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) exercise, developing, enhancing and maintaining the Division’s research metric tool ‘BORIS’, and providing divisional support for research applications together with business improvement and integration services to ensure all systems are effectively meeting business requirements.
The role of RAPPO Director leads a team in the delivery of frameworks, data, and analytics expertise to support the Executive Director (Research), the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research), and more broadly to the University Executive, the Division of Research and Faculties. This position is responsible for providing high-level advice and recommending strategic initiatives based on the collection, evaluation and critical analysis of data, and to ensure that strategic decisions are based on accurate information.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Relevant qualification(s) and extensive relevant experience at a senior level preferably in the research/higher education sector.
- Demonstrated record of leadership and experience of managing staff and developing high performing teams.
- Demonstrated commitment to and a track record of success in developing a high-quality, service-excellence, client-focused work culture.
- High ability to interpret and advise on policy, rules and regulations; informed by the collection, evaluation and critical analysis of data.
- Proven high-level advocacy and communication skills, excellent networking and interpersonal skills and success in building collaborative initiatives between diverse stakeholder groups.
- Action oriented, and able to demonstrate strong business and financial acumen, with demonstrated experience in managing significant high-volumes of work.
- Extensive experience in managing the development, integration, and maintenance of systems to meet the business requirements of the university research environment.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to strategic planning and risk management and implement effective strategic and operational plans for the delivery of services.
- Capacity to provide creative and innovative solutions to problems, and analyse and improve business processes, implement quality assurance practices into operations and deliver continuous improvement of best practice in the work place.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Alex Bell, Division of Research
Applications close: 10 December 2017