- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Research Analysis, Performance and Profile Office (RAPPO) provides data and analytics expertise to the Executive Director (Research), the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research), and more broadly to the University Executive, the Division of Research and Faculties on the University’s research activity and performance, and its position in various world university rankings systems. RAPPO is also responsible for coordinating and managing the University’s submission for the Excellence in Research in Australia (ERA) data collection.
About the role
- $83K-$89K plus 9.5% Superannuation and annual leave loading
- Fixed term until January 2019
This role of Project Officer is responsible for supporting the maintenance and enhancement of ‘BORIS’. This includes providing high-level customer support to users, triaging and escalating issues, performing user acceptance testing, collating feedback and requirements for future enhancements, and contributing to the continuous improvement of the system.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant degree with subsequent relevant experience or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through any other combination of education, training and experience.
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating technical projects and supporting the maintenance and enhancement of online systems through requirements gathering, wireframing, and UAT testing.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills, with a demonstrated ability to respond to changing priorities, manage multiple tasks and meet competing deadlines by using judgement and initiative.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to communicate effectively to a variety of clients in oral and written form.
- Strong technical and computing skills (including MS Outlook, spreadsheets, and databases) and proficient in the use and administration of online systems and databases.
- Knowledge of research performance metrics and indicators will be highly regarded.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Thomas Chow, Acting Director, Research Analysis, Performance and Profile Office
T: (61 2) 9385 8165
Applications close: 8 December 2017