UNSW Canberra is a campus of the University of New South Wales located at the Australian Defence Force Academy in Canberra. UNSW Canberra endeavours to offer staff a rewarding experience and offers many opportunities and attractive benefits, including:
- One of Australia’s leading research and teaching universities
- Australian bush land setting with FREE parking
- FREE Onsite GYM and Indoor Sports Centre
- Strong commitment to staff development and learning
- Strong commitment to work life and family balance
- Generous superannuation and salary packaging opportunities
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work
UNSW Canberra have a unique opportunity for a Student Counsellor to join the Learning and Teaching Group (LTG) Team. Initially, on a Maternity backfill and then for an additional year to support ongoing projects and Counselling. The Student Counsellor is responsible for the provision of counselling and welfare services to civilian students studying in our undergraduate, postgraduate (online) and higher degree research programs.
About the role
The Student Counsellor will have specific responsibilities including individual counselling and consultancy services, assisting in the development and ongoing supervision of the online Student Success program, contributing to presentations, workshops and group programs and responding to critical events as necessary.
- $101,051 - $113,856 (pro-rata) plus super
- Fixed Term 2 year contract (initial 12-month maternity leave cover)
- Part-time (28 hours per week)
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Sound understanding and awareness of the issues and skills relevant to the provision of student counselling within the tertiary sector. Experience of providing counselling within the sector is desirable.
- Experience working with people who are culturally and linguistically diverse is considered highly desirable.
- Registration with the Australian Psychological Society (APS) or similar accrediting body, or working towards attaining such registration.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Dominique Kazan, Student Counsellor
Applications close: 10 December 2017