6 days left
- Full Time
Macquarie is the university of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia’s leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We’ve helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing the Australia’s first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie you’ll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
Join us and start seeing the world in a different light.
In Macquarie's Faculty of Science and Engineering you'll join passionate researchers and educators blazing new trails in the spirit of discovery and exploration. Encouraged to think boldly, and supported by some of Australia's most outstanding facilities, brilliant minds converge in our faculty to create incredible new possibilities: the world's first attempt to synthesize complex life, the creation of Wi-Fi, the discovery of dancing dwarf galaxies, and the development of blue LED light. Inspired by challenge and opportunity, we look forward to welcoming you as we imagine a new future together.
We are seeking an experienced Executive Officer to provide a high level of project leadership, management, implementation and support in the establishment of various projects and initiatives. The position will receive direction and report back to the Faculty General Manager and Faculty Executive Dean. Key accountabilities of the role are to:
- Lead and manage the development and implementation of projects, operational initiatives and plans identified by the FGM and the Executive Dean
- Lead the development, implementation and review of policy and procedures to support new organisational frameworks across the Faculty
- Manage and drive the coordination of operational and administrative processes across the Faculty
- Develop and implement systems, procedures and processes to ensure continual effectiveness, efficiency and compliance across the Faculty
- Measure and report Faculty performance, and trouble shoot problems affecting performance, in collaboration with Department Managers
- Develop and oversee the Faculty Dean’s Unit budget and reporting, in collaboration with Finance
- Identify and implement business/operational improvement initiatives
For further information regarding this role, please view the position description below.
To be considered for this position, the applicant will demonstrate the below requirements in their CV and a 1 - 2-page cover letter:
- Qualifications and extensive relevant experience in business, management or related discipline, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and education/training
- Demonstrated project management experience, with ability to manage multiple projects with diverse stakeholders
- Extensive experience building, managing and influencing positive relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to analyse, prepare and manage large budgets
- Demonstrated ability to develop policies and implement improvement initiatives
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing systems and processes
Salary Package: From $115,570 - $122,061 (Hew 9), plus 17% superannuation and annual leave loading
Appointment Type: Full time, five-year fixed term position
Role Enquiries: Nanette Bertoldo on email via email@example.com
Applications Close: Monday, 18 December 2017 at 11:55 pm AEST
Position Description: Executive Officer, Faculty of Science and Engineering PD
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTIQ; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.