PhD research at the University of Gibraltar
The University of Gibraltar is now accepting submissions of proposals for the academic year 2018/2019.
Our degrees are available to those who want to pursue their studies through conventional research and the University welcomes proposals from interested individuals.
You may propose any Gibraltar and/or Mediterranean-related subject as your research area, but priority themes for 2018/ 2019 have been identified and will be given priority in the selection process:
- Gibraltar and Brexit; Challenges and Opportunities
- Climate Change and Conservation
- Marine Protected Species and Conservation
- Prehistory and Archaeology
- Urban-adapted Wildlife Species in Gibraltar
- Cultures and Identities of the Mediterranean
- Fintech and E-Business
- Business, Development and Service Marketing
- Environmental Education and Community Engagement
- Sustainable Development: frameworks and implementation
- Higher Education, Education and Pedagogy
- Sports Management, Sports Tourism and International Sports Events;
A centre of research excellence
The University of Gibraltar is a new, dynamic university located in one of the world’s most important crossing points. The Straits of Gibraltar have served as both a bridge and a barrier between Africa and Europe, and the Atlantic and the Mediterranean, since prehistory. This unique location, coupled with outstanding facilities, means that the University is ideally placed to become a centre of excellence generating high-quality original academic research.
University of Gibraltar PhD Researchers have access to a range of bespoke facilities as well as support structures designed to enhance your research. This includes use of facilities at the purpose-built University of Gibraltar campus plus access to resources at relevant Associate Campuses of the University of Gibraltar. You will also learn in a collegiate atmosphere and receive internationally-based specialist academic supervisors to support your studies.
Submit a proposal
The University is now accepting submissions of proposals for the academic year 2018/2019. Further details of our priority themes, our PhD programme and how to apply can be found at http://www.unigib.edu.gi/research-institutes/phd/