Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Strategy
University of Sydney Business School
Discipline of Strategy, Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Opportunity to research and teach in Strategy and related fields of Entrepreneurship and Innovation, and, work in a collaborative and supportive environment
- An additional salary supplement may be negotiated with the successful applicants and start up research funds and ongoing research support will be available
- Full-time, continuing: $121K - $170K p.a. which includes salary, leave loading and up to 17% super
The University of Sydney Business School has an outstanding international reputation in management research, learning, development of resources, and journal publishing and works in close cooperation with industry, government and the not-for-profit sectors. We are situated in a new state-of-the-art learning environment which, in the highly competitive global market for business education, will further enhance our ability to attract the best and brightest students, staff and researchers from around the world.
The Business School is regarded as a leader in the region, and is one of the very few Australian schools to hold business and accounting accreditation from AACSB International and EQUIS accreditation from the European Foundation for Management Development. It is also the only Australian member school of CEMS, the Community of European Management Schools & International Companies.
About the opportunity
Our Discipline of Strategy, Entrepreneurship and Innovation is new initiative and forms a key plank in the School’s strategy to be the leading Business School in Australia. The group is home to strategy, innovation and entrepreneurship scholars. Research interests in the group coalesce around these three fields of research, but, are varied in focus with colleagues researching entrepreneurship traits, sustainability, social entrepreneurship, strategy and ethics, and more. As the successful applicant, you will join a dynamic and developing group in a highly supportive research environment. You will also have the opportunity to teach across a range of programs, including; MBA, postgraduate and undergraduate studies.
We are seeking applicants for the position of Lecturer/Senior Lecture in Strategy with the capacity to teach strategy, however, your research could be in the fields of strategy, entrepreneurship or innovation.
In this position you will:
- teach strategy units at undergraduate, postgraduate or MBA levels to culturally-diverse student cohorts, and provide curriculum development
- contribute to the research strengths of the discipline, including the pursuit of research grants and regular publication in journals of high standing
- supervise higher degree research students
- be involved in interdisciplinary collaborations within the University and with external stakeholders
- contribute to academic administration.
This position is your opportunity to join a high calibre, dynamic group that is well resourced and has a vision of being the leading group pf strategy, entrepreneurship and innovation scholars in Australia.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number for more information and to apply.
CLOSING DATE: 11.30pm, 20 January 2018
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.