Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering
- Full-time, Continuing position
- Located at Melbourne (Bundoora) Campus
- $90,748 - $107,758 per annum + up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turns 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
The School of Engineering and Mathematical Sciences has over 70 academic staff and a budget of $40 million in three departments: Engineering; Computer Science and Information Technology; and Mathematics and Statistics in Melbourne (Bundoora) and Bendigo. The Engineering discipline at la Trobe continues to expand and revitalise its programs with an innovative curriculum that incorporates strong industry engagement.
About the position
This position will develop curriculum, teach and undertake research or other scholarly work relevant to the development of their discipline or professional field. In particular, the holder of this position must have considerable applied mechanical engineering knowledge and experience, working in, or with, industry.
Skills and Experience
- A PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing, Mechatronics, Materials or Industrial Engineering.
- Experience in industry and/or research collaboration with industry, producing effective outcomes.
- Strong record of research publication, with evidence of quality and impact, relative to opportunity.
- Experience in the preparation of research proposals submitted to external funding bodies.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in teaching with the ability to mentor and supervise undergraduate, honours and postgraduate students.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this role.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
How to apply
Closing date: Wednesday, 3 January 2018 by 11.00pm AEDST.
Position Enquiries: Professor Roger Lumley, +61 3 9479 5764 or firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and a separate document addressing the Key Selection Criteria located in the Position Description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Deborah Dare, Recruitment Consultant on +61 3 9479 1241 or email@example.com
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.