Research Administration Officer, School of Global, Urban and Social Studies
- Contribute to research services and administration within the School
- Salary Range: $75,578-$81,811 p.a + 17% Super
- 2 x Full time, continuing position based at RMIT's City Campus
RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise in which teaching, research and engagement are central to achieving positive impact and creating life-changing experiences for our students. The College of Design and Social Context encompasses RMIT University's renowned art, communication, built environment, design, education and social science disciplines and is comprised of seven schools. The college has 24,500 students and 980 staff.
Located in the heart of Melbourne on RMIT's City Campus, the School of Global, Urban and Social Studies is one of RMIT's largest schools. The School's vision is to contribute to a just and sustainable world, and to deliver education, training and research in four areas of focus:
The Role and Your Responsibilities:
The Research administration officer is part of a team responsible for research services and administration within the school of Global, Urban and Social Studies. The primary function of the role is to co-ordinate the pre-award and post award grant, contract and tender process for the school of GUSS. This role will liaise with internal and external stakeholders and is responsible for the pre and post award management of research grants, contracts and tenders
Skills & Experience Required:
- Experience in pre and post award research administration, demonstrating substantial commercial acumen and experience in a research environment
- The ability to document, implement, and review policy and procedures, as well as having the ability to accurately interpret policy for staff and students.
- The ability to work effectively as a member of a team across simultaneous projects to deliver quality programs and services
- Strong time management skills, the ability to manage multiple tasks as well as sound judgement to identify high priority tasks.
A relevant tertiary qualification is desirable with research and innovation administrative expertise in a complex tertiary education or similar service environment
For further information please contact Cassandra Coates on 9925 3590 or to view a position description visit yourcareer.rmit.edu.au and search using job reference number 558885.
Note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children check.
Applications close 11pm on Sunday 26 of November
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.