Research Study Assistant, School of Public Health, Community Health Sci
7 days left
- Full Time
Under the supervision of the Principal Investigator(s) and Research Managers, the Research Assistant will provide support to grant-funded studies in the Community Health Sciences department at the BU School of Public Health. The focus of these studies is autism and children's mental health, with a specific focus on improving early identification and access to services.
The RA will conduct outreach to families to schedule in-person research assessments, and administer research questionnaires to families. These visits may occur during clinic sessions or home visits. The RA will also be responsible for collecting and managing clinical research data in a standardized format.
As needed, the applicant will assist in grant preparation, including helping with literature reviews and synthesizing of data in requested formats.
- Bachelor's Degree and 1-3 years of experience required.
- Experience working with multi-cultural, low-income families required.
- Strong knowledge of software applications such as Microsoft Excel, Access and Word required.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural, diverse, decentralized environment, as a member of a health care team.
- Cultural sensitivity and comfort with a wide range of social, racial, and ethnic populations.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, and record keeping skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and responsibilities at the same time effectively.
- Ability to interpret and record data and make informed judgments regarding patient care.
- Bilingual or multi-lingual skills (beyond that of English) appropriate to the patient population served is a plus
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality of all personal/health sensitive information
- Flexible to work evenings and weekends when required.
- Access to a car preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
This is a Grant Funded Position
Job Location Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular