4 days left
- Full Time
Description of Work Unit
CSU Online, Division of Continuing Education, is a self-supporting unit that develops and delivers quality programs and educational opportunities in support of the University’s land grant mission. CSU Online provides affordable access to a quality education from wherever students call home around the nation and the world, on a schedule that fits their lives. CSU Online offers 39 degrees, online and at a distance, as well as credit and noncredit courses, certificate programs, and digital badges.
The Marketing Strategist plays a key role in marketing Colorado State University to students across the state, nation, and world through CSU Online. This position helps achieve the Division’s enrollment goals and strategic priorities through planning and buying media; managing and coordinating marketing projects; and collaborating with faculty and staff in departments, as well as internal program and marketing staff, to collect information, define target audiences, and implement marketing plans.
The position participates in establishing marketing strategy and then collaborates and coordinates with designers, writers, and program and technical staff to carry out marketing plans and launch new programs. The position manages marketing budgets, utilizes analytics to evaluate return on investment, and adjusts strategies and media plans to optimize performance to meet quantitative marketing objectives and support recruitment and enrollment objectives.
The position stays abreast of marketing trends and best practices and thrives on being a part of a continuous learning environment that consistently reaches for new bounds and seeks fresh insights. The Marketing Strategist is a strategic thinker and a results-driven, data-minded, detail-oriented, highly organized team player who is able to work in a problem-solving environment.
This position reports to the Head of Marketing for CSU Online.
Required Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Marketing, Communications, Business, Management, or related field;
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience managing and executing marketing projects
- Excellent, current knowledge of digital marketing principles and practices
- Evidence of strong analytical skills and a disposition for data-driven decision making
- Excellent written communications and organizational skills
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Master’s degree from am accredited university in Marketing, Communications, Business, Management, or related field;
- Experience developing marketing plans and purchasing advertising in higher education, nonprofit, or other public sector settings
- Experience marketing to adult, nontraditional student audiences and understanding of student lead generation process
- Experience developing and managing marketing plans, media buying, and budgets
- Evidence of success executing marketing initiatives from start to finish that increase brand awareness, generate leads, acquire new customers, or maintain relationships with existing customers
Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the Department’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Job Duty Category Marketing Project Management Duty/Responsibility
- Manage day-to-day project details, for advertising, media buys, and content updates, from strategic inception to final execution
- Serve as primary contact for all internal requests for marketing; coordinate all project activities including production, testing, and optimization; set expectations and timelines; keep all those involved informed about progress; and ensure that all marketing activities stay within budgets
- Evaluate and assess new marketing projects based upon size, complexity, and time frame to determine availability of staff and budget resources
- Manage the coordination of multiple projects through approved external marketing, creative, and research consultants, hired as needed
- Provide strategic consultation and recommendations related to marketing to internal program staff and external academic and administrative partners
- Nurture and expand relationships with internal program staff and external academic and administrative partners, sharing marketing information and results, and finding opportunities to improve marketing plans and projects
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to execute marketing campaigns and report back to key stakeholders
- Coordinate extensively with marketing team on testing and execution of campaigns
- Maintain and oversee production schedules and program launch plans and timelines
Percentage Of Time 60% Job Duty Category Marketing Planning and Media Buying Duty/Responsibility
- Create customized degree, certificate, and brand marketing plans to creatively and cost-effectively reach target markets and expand brand awareness within established budgets and with a focus on digital marketing and inbound marketing
- Utilize customer research, current market conditions, competitor information, and advertising results reports to develop and continually optimize marketing plans to generate maximum number of qualified leads and best return on investment
- Provide recommendations to Head of Marketing on potential markets and new opportunities for program and brand marketing plans
- Engage in negotiating, purchasing and monitoring of all advertising; identify target audiences for media campaigns and decide how best to reach audiences
- Negotiate rates to obtain the best rates and most appropriate media spaces and coordinate purchases of online, print, and broadcast advertising, including obtaining contract signatures and tracking invoices and payments for all marketing team purchases
- Accurately forecast spending, adhere to established budgets and reconcile all payments against budget while ensuring that all vendors follow University purchasing requirements
- Recommend mid-year budget adjustments and annual budgets based on outcomes (web visits, inquiries) resulting from previous marketing spends
- Handle all sales inquiries from external vendors
Percentage Of Time 30% Job Duty Category Strategy Development Duty/Responsibility
- Participate in brainstorming and strategy development sessions with marketing team to improve conversion rates on advertising; develop creative marketing and outreach events and activities, including social media engagement; and improve marketing plan development and other internal processes
- Share relevant statistics and insights from articles, webinars, etc. with marketing team
- Monitor industry best practices to keep up with trends and introduce new ideas for continuous improvement and growth.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the University’s competitive marketplace
Percentage Of Time 10%
Special Instructions to Applicants
Interested applicants must submit a cover letter which addresses how professional experiences align with identified, required and preferred qualifications of the position and a current resume. References will not be contacted without prior notification of candidates.
Conditions of Employment
Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires)
Search Contact Jeanna Nixon, Jeanna.Nixon@ColoState.EDU
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
The Title IX Coordinator is the Executive Director of the Office of Support and Safety Assessment, 123 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523 -2026, (970) 491-7407.
The Section 504 and ADA Coordinator is the Associate Vice President for Human Capital, Office of Equal Opportunity, 101 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523-0160, (970) 491-5836.
Background Check Policy Statement
Colorado State University (CSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, CSU conducts background checks. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.