Associate Executive Director, Health Network
Description of Work Unit
The CSU Health Network at Colorado State University provides a full range of cost effective, on-campus, mental health and primary care medical services, referral for community specialty care and comprehensive health education and prevention services’ programming. Services such as physical therapy, dentistry and optometry, are available. The CSU Health Network is active in creating a healthy campus environment to support learning and success. For more information about the CSU Health Network at Colorado State University, see http://www.health.colostate.edu.
CSU offers full benefits which include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement programs and more. The University’s Commitment to Campus benefits program offers a wide range of programs, discounts and special benefits available to eligible faculty and staff. For more detailed information about CSU benefits, visit http://www.hrs.colostate.edu/benefits/ and http://www.hrs.colostate.edu/benefits/fap-insplans-new.pdf.
In partnership with the Executive Director, the Associate Executive Director of the CSU Health Network (CSUHN) provides vision and strategic planning for the CSUHN and support of the Leadership Team. The Associate Executive Director is committed to providing leadership for integrative, innovative and comprehensive healthcare of the highest quality in a University environment. The CSU Health Network’s vision is to be a national leader in campus community healthcare.
The Associate Executive Director is directly responsible for the business, fiscal, and operations management of the CSU Health Network which is composed of Medical Services, Counseling Services and Health Education and Prevention Services in an integrated organizational unit. The Associate Executive Director engages in direct leadership of all business functions such as budget development, management, and planning, health care related areas such as health insurance billing and coding. If coming from the private sector, the Associate Executive Director must be able to transfer these technical skills to a University Health Care environment with the mission to directly serve students and support their academic success. The Associate Executive Director reports directly to the Executive Director of the CSU Health Network and serves in the absence of the Executive Director.
The Associate Executive Director will plan, oversee and coordinate capital operating expenditures and fiscal systems with revenues exceeding 10 million dollars. Internally the position provides oversight to Business Services, Administration and Operations.
Required Job Qualifications
- Master’s degree in a Business, Healthcare, Higher Education, Administration, Operations, Organizational Leadership or related field
- Five years of progressively responsible organizational leadership experience, including management and planning
- Five years of supervisory experience of full-time professionals
- Five years of budget development and fiscal management experience
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Experience in healthcare related business services, such as cost accounting, insurance billing or health care management experience
- Experience in University Healthcare management
- Experience in an integrated healthcare setting (medical and behavioral health)
- Experience managing multiple revenue sources, expense controls, and human resources
- Experience managing facility operations
- Commitment to and experience working effectively with diverse people, cultures and communities
Knowledge and experience working with diverse populations, including students with diverse religious/spiritual beliefs; racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds; and diverse sexual orientations and gender identities.
Job Duty Category Fiscal Management and Strategic Development Duty/Responsibility
- Manage and coordinate the financial/fiscal operations of the organization including the development and administration of capital and operating budgets and expenditures, and the establishment and management of financial control systems
- Establish pricing of services and set revenue from student fees and self-generated revenues for optimal operations and accountability
- Direct and oversee the planning, development and administration of all business activities and auxiliary enterprise functions for CSU Health Network
- Engage in strategic planning for the organization and support priorities related to enhanced or different revenue sources, and expense controls
- Oversee the business services in preparation of department budgets, financial reports, special analyses and development of spreadsheets and proformas
- Work with university fiscal officers, contract attorneys, purchasing, and accounting specialists to ensure compliance with all University financial regulations
Percentage Of Time 30% Job Duty Category Leadership and Supervision Duty/Responsibility
Provide leadership and oversight for assigned areas:
- Business Services
- Patient Access Services (call center)
- Patient Reception and Registration
- Student Health Insurance
- Billing and Coding
- Medical Records
- Human Resources
- Accounting Services (including Purchasing and Central Supply)
- Building Maintenance
- Custodial Services
Percentage Of Time 30% Job Duty Category Administration Duty/Responsibility
- Serve as the leader for the CSUHN in the absence of the Executive Director
- Serve as the University Privacy Officer
- Represent the CSUHN both in University and community committees
- Prepare regular and special reports related to the functional areas of oversight, such as Annual Reports, Program Review, Accreditation
- Engage in project management
- Serve as liaison to University of Colorado Health, Associates in Family Medicine and Columbine Health Systems Building Partners
Percentage Of Time 20% Job Duty Category Operations Duty/Responsibility
Business Services: Provide an environment conducive to the highest quality of care, attends to patient satisfaction, access, customer service and patient flow, and is welcoming, inclusive and comfortable for all students and staff.
Facility Management: Development and implement facility strategic repair and replacement plan; serve as liaison with CSU Facilities Management unit; provide leadership and guidance for custodial and structural trades facility staff
Percentage Of Time 20%
Special Instructions to Applicants
Complete applications must include:
- A cover letter addressing all Required Job Qualifications, Preferred Job Qualifications and Essential Job Duties
Applicants needing assistance to submit materials may contact Sara Graffis, firstname.lastname@example.org
References will not be contacted without prior notification of candidates.
Conditions of Employment
Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires)
Search Contact Sara Graffis, email@example.com
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
The Title IX Coordinator is the Executive Director of the Office of Support and Safety Assessment, 123 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523 -2026, (970) 491-7407.
The Section 504 and ADA Coordinator is the Associate Vice President for Human Capital, Office of Equal Opportunity, 101 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523-0160, (970) 491-5836.
Background Check Policy Statement
Colorado State University (CSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, CSU conducts background checks. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.