Engineering Network Services Program Coordinator
7 days left
- Full Time
Description of Work Unit
Engineering Network Services (ENS) is responsible for the vision and oversight of all aspects of computing in the College of Engineering, with the exception of the physical network infrastructure. Pedagogical uses of technology, research computing, planning for and maintenance of instructional facilities, technical support for faculty and staff, network management, systems analysis, programming, web-coding, and technical training all fall under the purview of ENS. Networked services are provided to over 3500 engineering students, faculty, and staff.
The ENS Program Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the ENS technical and operational activity needed by the staff and student employees in their work across several CSU locations in Fort Collins. General responsibilities include management of processes involving ENS student employment, management of ENS resources, and oversight of the ENS recharge center. Particular duties within these areas of responsibility include budgetary coordination of software licenses and purchases, all ENS purchasing, equipment tracking from acquisition to inventory to disposal, coordinating warranty repairs, coordinating research computing resources, and budget management.
This position will start at 20 hours per week and may increase to full-time. The individual in this position will report to the Director of ENS.
Required Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, a STEM field or related technical field.
- A minimum of five years of experience in areas related to this position.
- Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Excel
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Experience with CSU HR policies and procedures
- Experience with Kuali, TMS, and other CSU systems.
- Experience working in higher education.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills including experience creating and working with pivot tables.
- Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the Department’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Job Duty Category Manage the ENS Recharge Center Duty/Responsibility
- Develop and implement the business plan
- Develop and track billing rates
- Provide consistent recharge services to research projects.
- Work with the accounting technician assigned to the ENS Recharge Center to ensure that billings are timely and accurate.
Percentage Of Time 20 Job Duty Category Process Planning and Implementation Duty/Responsibility
- Develop strategies to manage College computing resources including all ENS purchases and equipment tracking ranging from acquisition to inventory to disposal.
- Review and determine processes for the management of approximately $10M of capital equipment in ENS.
- Coordinate warranty repairs and manage warranty contracts.
- Coordinate College computing resources including Engineering research clusters and storage and track user contracts (time & capacity purchased).
- Serve as liaison between ENS and CSU Procurement and Contract offices.
- Manage web based tools; work with programmers to ensure tools remain up-to-date and accurate. Solicit input from the user community on viability of the tools and needed features.
Percentage Of Time 20 Job Duty Category Budget Management Duty/Responsibility
- Budget management for all accounts supporting Engineering Network Services. In addition to the ENS Recharge Center, this includes the Charges for Technology (CFT), the Academic Village Program fund, and regular operating accounts.
- Provide financial oversight and processes for the equipment replacement plans in ENS, including computer labs and college IT infrastructure.
- Serve as the primary resource for the Engineering Student Technology Committee in managing the $1M CFT budget.
- Submit annual reports as needed, including the annual CFT audit report to the CSU Board of Governors.
Percentage Of Time 55 Job Duty Category Software Licensing Management Duty/Responsibility
Engage with Software companies and the CSU Contracts office to ensure that software licenses are implemented per the contract and that sufficient licenses are available for academic and research use. In particular:
- Set up a process to identify instructional software requirements of faculty and instructors in the College of Engineering
- Work with Procurement on vendor contracts.
- Instruct staff on appropriate license access.
- Ensure compliance with current license terms and agreements, including implementation with FLEXlm and similar tools.
- Renew, expand or terminate licenses/agreements as appropriate.
Percentage Of Time 5
Special Instructions to Applicants
To apply, please upload a cover letter addressing the required and preferred qualifications in the posting announcement and a resume.
Please provide the names and contact information for three professional references.
References will not be contacted without prior notification to candidates.
Conditions of Employment
Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires)
Search Contact Rachel Horn - Rachel.Horn@colostate.edu
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
The Title IX Coordinator is the Executive Director of the Office of Support and Safety Assessment, 123 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523 -2026, (970) 491-7407.
The Section 504 and ADA Coordinator is the Associate Vice President for Human Capital, Office of Equal Opportunity, 101 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523-0160, (970) 491-5836.
Background Check Policy Statement
Colorado State University (CSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, CSU conducts background checks. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.