Animal Care Technician
Laboratory Animal Research Center
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
It has been proven that excellence in teaching and effective research are inextricably interrelated in today’s academic world, and that innovation in programs and classrooms is constantly enriched by those faculty members actively engaging in research. Like in most modern Universities around the world, one of Qatar University's strategic aims is to develop and enhance research that meets its standards of excellence. Our Office is responsible for providing administrative, secretarial, and executive support for all elements of the University's research activities. The Office also manages the University's internal research funding schemes, and all aspects (other than financial) of external grants and research agreements.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs routine duties associated with animal husbandry and care. Perform tasks related to animal husbandry. Maintains sanitary conditions, clean animal rooms and cages.
- Observes animal conditions and behavior, and collects animal specimens. Employees in this classification may be required to work on shifts at weekends and holidays.
- Support the care of animals used for live animal research.
- Change bedding, wash cages, check on health of animals, check on feed level
- Assess number of animals per cage and document status of animal cages/general health.
- Maintenance of cleanliness in the different animal rooms and cages
- Maintaining inventory of feed and bedding for the animals
- Regular monitoring of Air handling units and watering system
- Sanitation of caging and rooms
- Perform other tasks and duties that may be occasionally required in order to meet the requirements of the role and the aims of the University.
- At least High school diploma, BSc.in biology or related science is preferable.
- ALTA, certificate.
- At least 1 years of experience in Rodent facility.
- Training in maintaining records.
- Computer skills.
- Curriculum Vitea with cover letter.
- Experience Certificates.
- At least three references including contact numbers and email addresses.
- Competitive tax-free salary.
- Housing allowance in accordance with HRM Law.
- Annual round trip air tickets for candidate and dependents according to HRM Law.
- Public health care and health insurance to candidate and family members.
- Annual leave in accordance with HRM Law.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online System and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.