Head of School, Melbourne School of Professional and Continuing Education
- Unique opportunity in a founding role
- Professiorial appointment to lead a newly established school
- Australia’s No. 1 University, Ranked Top 40 Globally
- Located in the world’s most liveable city
Australia’s Number One University and world leader in education, teaching and research excellence. The University of Melbourne seeks to establish a new inter-disciplinary entity, the Melbourne School of Professional and Continuing Education (MSPACE).
MSPACE will support and significantly expand the University's professional, continuing and executive education, through the provision of a coherent, 'whole of university' framework. With ambitious plans for growth, MSPACE will advance partnerships with the University’s academic divisions, and provide collaborative teaching and learning support to achieve the University's objectives in professional, continuing and executive education. MSPACE will be hosted on a custodial basis within the University’s Faculty of Business and Economics.
MSPACE now invites applicants with an international reputation and with interdisciplinary backgrounds to apply for an appointment at a professiorial level, which will be full time based in Melbourne. This is an exciting opportunity, as the University is seeking to become the leading academic provider of premium quality professional, continuing and executive education in the Asia-Pacific region.
The Ideal Candidate
- Has a demonstrated track record of success in the development and management of professional, continuing or executive education, or a similarly related educational endeavour.
- Has a broad interdisciplinary background, and is widely recognised for their outstanding achievements in industry, business, professional and/or government.
- Holds a PhD and has demonstrated specialised expertise, and a highly developed industry and business knowledge base, with published quality research.
- Is an experienced executive, with strong commercial acumen, and has had P&L experience for an operating business unit.
- Is a transformative, 21st century contemporary leader, who is able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of current and future challenges, issues and opportunities in the nature of the future workforce and implications for continuing professional and executive education.
- Has run a successful teaching and learning business, and understands the global context of contemporary post-secondary education.
- Has deep connections in areas relevant to professional, continuing, and executive education.
For further details on this career defining opportunity, contact Jen D’Arcy-Smith at Korn Ferry on +61 39631 0320 or email@example.com or Grace Tan on +61 3 9631 0330 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply confidentially, please register your interest to seek a full position description at https://kfopportunities.loop.jobs/jobs using reference keyword WN951. Applications close on Friday, December 8th 2017.