Senior Change and Communications Manager
- Join Australia's number 1 University †
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
- Use your expertise and innovative thinking to truly have an impact.
Who says you can't change the world? We expect to do nothing less.
Infrastructure Services, University Services
Salary: $115,726 - $120,404 per annum plus 17% superannuation
About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,600 professional staff focused on providing client centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements within the University of Melbourne. The Senior Change and Communications Manager is a member of the Infrastructure Team which sits within the University Services portfolio.
About the role
The Senior Change and Communications Manager is responsible for the design, development and execution of change initiatives to support specific projects, the assessment of projects to determine appropriate change resourcing and effort, and the supervision of allocated resources within the Change & Communications team.
The role provides their expertise to enable the achievement of project outcomes including strategy development, stakeholder management and engagement, targeted communications, executing change plans and assessing change readiness.
The Senior Change and Communications Manager requires the flexibility to work at both at a strategic and planning level, and at service delivery level to support the achievement of project outcomes and the success of the Change & Communications Practice.
Under broad direction from project leadership and the Manager, Change & Communication, the incumbent works with a high degree of delegated responsibility and authority. The incumbent consults with a wide range of stakeholders across the University, to achieve project objectives. To do this, the incumbent must understand the needs and requirements of the many individuals and groups, internal and external to the University, and facilitate effective linkages between relevant parties and projects.
The role will also contribute significantly to the operation of the Change & Communications Practice.
- Postgraduate qualifications or progress towards postgraduate qualifications, or relevant qualifications, with previous experience in Change Management and Communications within a complex organisational environment or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in the leadership and management of change management resources.
- Able to connect project outcomes with broader University strategy and benefits realisation.
- Sound understanding of Change Management and Project Management methodologies and their application.
- Proven ability to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain productive relationships both internal and external to the organisation, including the ability to build consensus and influence in negotiations across a broad audience.
- Demonstrated experience in various communications channels including digital, workshop facilitation and creative collateral.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Close date: 10 December 2017
Position Description & Selection Criteria
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria