4 days left
- Full Time
DEPARTMENT of ANATOMY
Anatomy has been taught at Otago since 1875. Initially it was taught as a core component of the University's medical degree but over the years it has evolved into the multi-disciplinary research intensive department it is today.
As a Prosector, you will be responsible for:
- The production of detailed and accurate prosections for teaching and research.
- Assisting with the harvest of material from our cadavers for further prosection and the preparation of cadavers and human material for cremation.
- Maintaining an awareness of all safe handling practices as they relate to cadaver preparation and maintenance.
You may also be required to carry out routine embalming and cadaver preparation for teaching and research purposes.
Your skills and experience
- Ideally, you will have had experience dealing with cadaveric material, have a detailed knowledge of human gross anatomy, and will possess the skills to take a hands on approach to embalming, gross dissection and other cadaver related techniques.
- Experience with human prosecting or veterinary dissection would be advantageous but is not essential as full training is available.
- You will display a pro-active and service oriented approach to your work.
- Be highly organised and have excellent interpersonal skills, allowing you to work within a team or independently.
Applications quoting reference number 1702055 will close on Sunday, 14 January 2018.
To see a full job description and to apply online go to: https://otago.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=1702055
Equal opportunity in employment is University policy.
E tautoko ana Te Whare Wananga o Otago i te kaupapa whakaorite whiwhinga mahi.