Lecturer - Department of Mechanical, Energy & Industrial Engineering
The University is looking for qualified and experienced individuals for the following positions:
The positions are tenable at BIUST Campus, Palapye.
The successful candidates will be appointed on either a pensionable or contract basis.
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY
DEPARTMENT OF MECHANICAL, ENERGY & INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING
Main Purpose of the Job
To teach and educate undergraduate and postgraduate students in an academic discipline and to build the knowledge base in a relevant field of the discipline through research and publication.
Qualifications and Experience
- PhD (or equivalent) in any of the following areas: (i) Industrial Engineering (ii) Production /Manufacturing Engineering
- Ability to teach in at least two (2) of the following areas: Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing/ Production Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Operations Research, Technology & Innovation Management
- Teaching experience or cognate industrial experience, research, publications and creative works and engagement in projects or services for the profession or the community will be an added advantage.
The position requires the following Competencies/Skills:
- Ability to prepare and submit proposals and applications to external bodies, e.g. for funding and accreditation purposes.
- Computer proficiency.
- Good knowledge of the academic discipline environment.
- Involvement in professional activities where applicable.
- Knowledge of Research Methodology.
- Understanding of Higher Education environment.
- Strong communication skills - to disseminate conceptual and complex ideas to a wide variety of audiences using appropriate media and methods to promote understanding.
- Ability to manage and analyse information.
- Ability to supervise research projects and graduate students.
- Ability to synthesise information to design learning experiences.
- To train and educate undergraduate students in an academic discipline. To carry out administration of certain teaching activities within the discipline.
- To conduct research in the area of specialisation/discipline.
- To deliver professional services to benefit the community.
- To deliver any other tasks as may be assigned by the Head of Department.
The University offers an attractive package, commensurate with qualification and experience.
If you meet the requirements of the above stated position, please send your application letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae including at least two (2) recent professional referees to:
Director, Human Resources at the email address below.
For any further enquiries, you may call Ms. G. Kgosiemang/Ms. K. Oleseng @ 4931676.
THE POSITION IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED