Research Fellow in Anthropology and Indigenous Australia
School of Social Sciences
- Level B ($96,210 - $114,250) plus 17% superannuation
- 3 year fellowship with the prospect of an ongoing teaching and research position at the end of the 3 years
- Opportunity to draw on the enormous research potential of the Berndt Museum
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to 'innovate and inspire' there is no better time to join Western Australia's top University.
About the opportunity
The Berndt Research Foundation and the School of Social Sciences at the University of Western Australia seek an outstanding researcher for a three year research fellowship located within the Discipline Group of Anthropology and Sociology.
The Berndt Museum holds one of the most significant collections of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural material in the world, manifesting in art, objects, archives, manuscripts, film and sound and photographic collections. This is an opportunity for an anthropologist working with Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander peoples to draw on the enormous research potential of the Berndt Museum to develop and pursue an active research program in Anthropology of Indigenous Australia. You will also contribute to teaching and / or to the supervision of postgraduate and honours students.
You will possess research interests that will complement and grow the research potential of the Berndt Museum. You will also possess demonstrated expertise in the area of Indigenous Australian anthropology, and be eligible and willing to apply for a DECRA.
Benefits and Conditions of Employment:
- $20,000 research funding
- Employer contribution to superannuation is 17% of salary
- Recreation leave of 20 working days per annum
- Long Service Leave after 10 years (13 weeks recreation leave fully paid)
- Eligibility for sabbatical leave
- Relocation assistance
Closing date: 18 December 2017
This position is open to international applicants who require visa sponsorship.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
In your application, please include a description of the proposed project (no more than 5 pages) addressing its aims; background and significance; relationship to your previous research; proposed methodology; outcomes.
- UWA has been awarded Top Ten Employer for LGBTI – inclusion of the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2016).
- The University is also a proud member of the Athena SWAN/SAGE Pilot for Gender Equity.