Clinical Skills Tutor
College of Medicine
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
The College of Medicine is the eighth college of Qatar University and was founded in October 2014. It is fully aligned with Qatar’s national strategies in Education and Health, as well as Qatar University’s strategic plan. The College of Medicine will admit the first cohort of students in Fall 2015 and will utilize an innovative ability-based curriculum and a student-centered approach to teaching and learning to provide the knowledge and skills necessary to graduate competent physicians to meet the health care needs of society. The College will offer a 6-year medical program, leading to an MD degree that will enable graduates to pursue advanced clinical training. Graduates will be prepared by the College of Medicine to sit for international medical licensing exams to ensure their seamless transition into the next phases of their medical careers. The College will contribute to medical education, patient care, medical research, and community outreach in Qatar. We intend to build an active, culturally and academically diverse faculty of the highest caliber, skilled in the scholarship of teaching, discovery, application and integration of knowledge. See our website at www.qu.edu.qa/medicine for further information.
Duties & Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the teaching of basic clinical skills at the pre-clerkship phase i.e. clinical skills labs: preparation of clinical skills sessions, delivery and evaluation;
- Provide support to academic staff and clinicians in educational tasks;
- Organise and participate in clinical assessments and examinations including OSCEs
- Facilitate small group teaching such as Problem-Based Learning (PBL) tutorials;
- Assist in organising students’ field visits and training in clinical and community health settings
- Assist in teaching and organising clinical CME activities including faculty development.Ensure the smooth running of equipment necessary to achieve the aims of the class/tutorial (e.g. computers, software packages).
- Keep records of student attendance using the University system.
- Facilitate and/or lead group discussions, either in small groups or with the whole class.
- Report briefly on the attendance and work of each student at the end of each semester.
- Hold an office hour once a week or once a fortnight as appropriate for each course, notifying tutees accordingly.
- Distribute, and arrange for return of, course evaluation questionnaires for each tutorial group taught.
Qualifications and Experiences:
- Bachelor degree in Medicine & Surgery (MBBS, MD, or equivalent )
- At least two years of experience in clinical practice or in a relevant educational setting
- Curriculum Vitae with cover letter.
- Experience Certificates.
- At least three references including contact numbers and email addresses.
- Competitive tax-free salary.
- Housing allowance in accordance with HRM Law.
- Annual round trip air tickets for candidate and dependents according to HRM Law.
- Public health care and health insurance to candidate and family members.
- Annual leave in accordance with HRM Law.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online System and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.