College of Medicine
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
The College of Medicine is the eighth college of Qatar University and was founded in October 2014. It is fully aligned with Qatar’s national strategies in Education and Health, as well as Qatar University’s strategic plan. The College of Medicine will admit the first cohort of students in Fall 2015 and will utilize an innovative ability-based curriculum and a student-centered approach to teaching and learning to provide the knowledge and skills necessary to graduate competent physicians to meet the health care needs of society. The College will offer a 6-year medical program, leading to an MD degree that will enable graduates to pursue advanced clinical training. Graduates will be prepared by the College of Medicine to sit for international medical licensing exams to ensure their seamless transition into the next phases of their medical careers. The College will contribute to medical education, patient care, medical research, and community outreach in Qatar. We intend to build an active, culturally and academically diverse faculty of the highest caliber, skilled in the scholarship of teaching, discovery, application and integration of knowledge. See our website at www.qu.edu.qa/medicine for further information.
Duties & Responsibilities
BASIC FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITY
The Basic Medical Sciences Technician will be preparing the labs for clinical and laboratory skills training. Set up, prepare and organize the practical exams (i.e. OSPEs). Assist in looking after the basic sciences laboratories and the Learning Resource Center (anatomy museum), inventories and setups in basic science labs and provide ongoing support to staff.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Daily arrangement of the lab sessions for different student years (Years 1-4)
- Setting up labs before and after sessions, providing all appropriate equipment for the sessions
- Updating labs' Inventory of equipment and consumables
- Maintenance of all teaching models and instruments
- Organize examination area before and after practical exams and follow up related administrative tasks
- Ordering new consumables and non-consumables needed for student teaching.
- Maintaining a library of brochures (for equipments and anatomical models) from different companies.
- Following up purchase orders related to new equipments and anatomical models/specimens
- Developing and maintaining an electronic database of equipment, models and logbooks for coding all teaching items
- Taking responsibility for collecting and distributing the attendance sheet during lab sessions and exams.
- Assist faculty in any requested tasks related to student lab teaching and assessment
- Demonstrated experience in reporting, record keeping and filing
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Advanced computer and basic IT skills (MS office, Excel, Photoshop, e-learning, videoconferencing, IT connectivity & communications etc.)
- Organizational skills (for example, office management)
- Goal oriented, and Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on week-ends and after-hours duty or till late evenings (especially at exam times)
- A proven track record in organizing a facility (desirable)
- A previous role in medical or healthcare teaching labs (highly desirable)
- A bachelor degree in a health-related laboratory science/medicine
- At least 2 years’ experience at academic or health institutions or equivalent
- Previous administrative and IT experience
- Curriculum Vitea with cover letter.
- Experience Certificates.
- At least three references including contact numbers and email addresses.
- Competitive tax-free salary.
- Housing allowance in accordance with HRM Law.
- Annual round trip air tickets for candidate and dependents according to HRM Law.
- Public health care and health insurance to candidate and family members.
- Annual leave in accordance with HRM Law.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online System and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.