Professorial Research Fellow in Economics
- ECONOMICS/FINANCE, MANAGEMENT OR TOURISM
- SCHOOL OF BUSINESS AND LAW
- JOONDALUP CAMPUS
- COMPETITIVE REMUNERATION PACKAGE ON OFFER
- ONGOING, FULL-TIME (LEVEL E)
The School of Business and Law offers over 25 degrees at the undergraduate and postgraduate level, including three higher degree by research programs: Masters by Research, PhD and PhD (Integrated), plus a number of double degrees.
The School’s overarching priorities over the next five years are to reposition and grow. In a fast-evolving global economy it is vital to remain innovative, with an agenda to demonstrate continuous improvement. Working towards the University’s strategic goals for the next five years, the School is committed to prioritising:
- Building on our long-standing reputation for teaching and learning and the student experience;
- Improving the quality and quantity of our research output and knowledge translation;
- Continued growth of the School’s profile with industry and its industry connections;
- Internationalising the School, its faculty, curriculum and research;
- Ensuring the sustainability of the School through diversification, new offerings and pursuing new markets;
- Achieving international accreditation and recognition as a provider of high quality education internationally; and
- Further developing a School culture that is collaborative and collegiate.
For the last seven years the best 5% of ECU outputs have been within the top 5% in the world. Our citation impact puts us on par with some of the best universities globally.
We are seeking a number of outstanding researchers to join us in taking both the School and ECU to the next level – people who can demonstrate a strong track record in publications, as well as a passion for making a difference in their field.
The role of the Professorial Research Fellow is to provide sustained academic leadership, primarily through demonstrating and fostering excellence in research and creativity, teaching and learning and service and engagement – within the academic discipline, the academic unit, the institution and the wider community.
You will also demonstrate personal attributes that are congruent with the University’s values of Integrity, Respect, Rational Inquiry and Personal Excellence.
For further information on Professorial Research Fellowships at ECU, please see: http://www.ecu.edu.au/professorial-recruitment
Benefits & Remuneration
This full time, ongoing position attracts a competitive remuneration package which includes 17% University superannuation contribution.
ECU supports a work/life balance for staff. Benefits such as flexible working arrangements may also be negotiated to meet your personal circumstances.
For information on the benefits of working at ECU, please visit our Employment Opportunities website.
Interested applicants are welcome to contact Professor Maryam Omari (Executive Dean, School of Business and Law) on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
How to Apply
Please upload your resume along with a statement (maximum 5 pages) addressing the Selection Criteria.
Applications close 10th December 2017 at 11:30 pm (AWST).
ECU is diverse and inclusive workplace reflecting the differences in society. Specific strategies and initiatives are in place to address under representation of specific groups. Applications are encouraged from suitably qualified people from all backgrounds.