Laboratory Animal Research Center
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
It has been proven that excellence in teaching and effective research are inextricably interrelated in today’s academic world, and that innovation in programs and classrooms is constantly enriched by those faculty members actively engaging in research. Like in most modern Universities around the world, one of Qatar University's strategic aims is to develop and enhance research that meets its standards of excellence. Our Office is responsible for providing administrative, secretarial, and executive support for all elements of the University's research activities. The Office also manages the University's internal research funding schemes, and all aspects (other than financial) of external grants and research agreements.
Duties & Responsibilities
Responsible for the day-to-day management of the logistics function, ensuring processing of services requests, obtaining importation permits, ensuring receiving of animal feed and bedding in timely manner
- Organizing all shipments ( animal, feed, and bedding) in line with LARC operational and service requirements
- Ensuring the integrity of documentations related to shipments such as Bills, health certificates, and quality assurance, certificates, internal and external services agreements.
- Timely preparation and coordination of feed, bedding shipments a head of animal shipments.
- Preparing and maintaining a delivery schedule and communicating to all relevant services agreements
- Assisting with the re-negotiating of terms of business/service level agreements.
- Any other reasonable duties, which may be required by management from time to time.
- Maintain inventory of stocks and supplies related to animal husbandry and care
- Preform other tasks and duties that may be occasionally required in order to meet the requirements of the role and the aims of the university.
- Perform other tasks and duties that may be occasionally required in order to meet the requirements of the role and the aims of the University.
Education and Certifications:
- BS in business, management or relevant major
- Computer skills
- Curriculum Vitea with cover letter.
- Experience Certificates.
- At least three references including contact numbers and email addresses.
- Competitive tax-free salary.
- Housing allowance in accordance with HRM Law.
- Annual round trip air tickets for candidate and dependents according to HRM Law.
- Public health care and health insurance to candidate and family members.
- Annual leave in accordance with HRM Law.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online System and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.