Research Assistant in Biology
Laboratory Animal Research Center
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
It has been proven that excellence in teaching and effective research are inextricably interrelated in today’s academic world, and that innovation in programs and classrooms is constantly enriched by those faculty members actively engaging in research. Like in most modern Universities around the world, one of Qatar University's strategic aims is to develop and enhance research that meets its standards of excellence. Our Office is responsible for providing administrative, secretarial, and executive support for all elements of the University's research activities. The Office also manages the University's internal research funding schemes, and all aspects (other than financial) of external grants and research agreements.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The research assistant is responsible to take active role in the design, execution, administration and monitoring of research projects carried by LARC research faculty. Also, analyze and evaluate research data gathered during research. Ensure compliance with protocol and overall research objectives. Maintenance of Scientific Communications information, data, and use of online resources such as PubMed and Google Scholar.
- Perform research activities including sample preparation, data / information gathering, analyzing and interpretation, and findings / recommendations reporting / publishing.
- Conducts library research and literature review.
- Assists in conducting experiments
- Orders needed research supplies
- Provide technical advice related to the procurement of scientific / research equipment / supplies
- Maintain confidentiality of information at all times
- Supervises any undergraduate students working on assigned research projects.
- Attends project meetings.
- Prepares other articles, reports, and presentations
- Assists in administrative duties such as completing reports.
- Assists in committee work, including committee attendance.
- Perform other tasks and duties that may be occasionally required in order to meet the requirements of the role and the aims of the University.
- BSC in biology, biomedical, molecular biology or relevant fields.
- English (excellent).
- At least one year of experience with research molecular techniques, animal work, and sample collection.
- Knowledge with statistical data analysis programs.
- Current Curriculum Vitea.
- Cover letter.
- Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
- Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
- Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
- A three-year renewable contract.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Tax-free salary.
- Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
- Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online System and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.