VE Teacher in Engineering
1 day left
- Full Time
- Be surrounded by extraordinary & innovative ideas-and the people who discover them
- Work in a convenient CBD Location
- Full-Time, 12 month Fixed-Term Position
RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise. Our mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation, teaching and engagement, and to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work.
The School of Vocational Engineering, Health and Sciences offers a diverse range of certificate, diploma and sub-bachelor programs, and provides opportunities for students to extend their learning across the entire spectrum of vocational and higher education both within the College and beyond. With strong education links to industry, the school conducts a number of large-scale training contracts.
In the 2016 QS World University Rankings by Subject, RMIT is 16th in the world (highest ranked in Australia) in Art and Design, and 36th in the world (fourth highest in Australia) in Architecture and the Built Environment. We are also among the world's top 100 universities in Engineering (Civil and Structural; Electrical and Electronic; and Mechanical, Mechanical, Aeronautical and Manufacturing); Accounting and Finance; and Business and Management Studies).
RMIT University is an Athena SWAN member and the College of Science, Engineering and Health is central to driving improvements in gender equality, diversity and inclusion, particularly in the Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine (STEMM) disciplines.
At the moment we have two vacancies for VE Teacher - one position in our Mechanical Engineering Program and another in our Civil Engineering Program. As a Teacher, you will be mainly responsible for the delivery of course material, assessing students and the supervision of students enrolled in selected courses in the School.
- Prepare and deliver teaching programs, including training packages in a professional and effective manner
- Assess the learning of students in a range of contemporary VET settings
- Assist the School in improving the delivery of programs and services by using best practice delivery modes and appropriate student assessment strategies
- Participation in the School's continuing reviews of course content and development, delivery, teaching methods and methods of students' assessment
- Interaction with external organisations, industry groups and RMIT teaching and administration staff
- Participate in industry related professional development activities to maintain and develop skills and knowledge relevant to the profession or discipline
- You hold a TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment Relevant tertiary qualification in Engineering field, and industry experience
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability in ensuring current and contemporary vocational competence
- Great skills in diagnosing learning problems in students, propose and implement effective solutions
- Demonstrated skills and experience in competency-based assessment
How to Apply
For further information please contact Mr William Lau, Associate Dean on +61 3 9925 4703 or to view a position description visit yourcareer.rmit.edu.au and search using job reference number 558963.
Applications close on Tuesday, the 12th of December 2017.
Applicants are requested to separately address the key selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description. This role will require satisfactory confirmation of a Working with Children Check.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.