Senior Educator in Civil Engineering
- Be surrounded by extraordinary & innovative ideas-and the people who discover them
- Work in a convenient CBD Location
- Full-Time, 12 month Fixed-Term Position
RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise. Our mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation, teaching and engagement, and to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work.
The School of Vocational Engineering, Health and Sciences offers a diverse range of certificate, diploma and sub-bachelor programs, and provides opportunities for students to extend their learning across the entire spectrum of vocational and higher education both within the College and beyond. With strong education links to industry, the school conducts a number of large-scale training contracts.
In the 2016 QS World University Rankings by Subject, RMIT is 16th in the world (highest ranked in Australia) in Art and Design, and 36th in the world (fourth highest in Australia) in Architecture and the Built Environment. We are also among the world's top 100 universities in Engineering (Civil and Structural; Electrical and Electronic; and Mechanical, Mechanical, Aeronautical and Manufacturing); Accounting and Finance; and Business and Management Studies).
RMIT University is an Athena SWAN member and the College of Science, Engineering and Health is central to driving improvements in gender equality, diversity and inclusion, particularly in the Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine (STEMM) disciplines.
As a Senior Educator you will be mainly responsible for the co-ordination of the design, development, delivery and evaluation of innovative, customised, high quality vocational education and training.
- Provide educational leadership through support and direction to teaching staff in developing and maintaining quality programs and other educational services
- Coordination of staff resources and student administration of the program/s in their areas of responsibility
- Interact with other organisations, with other Schools at RMIT and in particular, interact with other teaching and administration staff
- Participate in relevant activities to ensure that vocational competence to the education level being delivered and assessed is maintained
- Prepare and deliver teaching programs, including training packages in a professional and effective manner
- Proven record of a professional TAE teaching qualification, defined as a qualification at Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Level 5 Diploma
- Tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering and industry experience
- Substantial teaching experience, preferably from a relevant industry, including evidence in the use of effective innovative and flexible teaching methods
- Proven record of coordinating the work of staff in the development and implementation of VET programs in the University, industry or within the community
- Demonstrated educational leadership skills that effectively promote teaching and learning
- Excellent skills to contribute effectively as a constructive and proactive member of a team
- Demonstrated skills and experience in competency-based assessment
How to Apply
For further information please contact Mr William Lau, Associate Dean on +61 3 9925 4703 or to view a position description visit yourcareer.rmit.edu.au and search using job reference number 558963.
Applications close on Tuesday, the 12th of December 2017.
Applicants are requested to separately address the key selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description. This role will require satisfactory confirmation of a Working with Children Check.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.